Impossible To Hold - Available in Digital/CD/Vinyl
Christina Martin is an artist who finds a stronger voice with every album. Her supporters believe that Impossible To Hold is her ‘career album’, a tipping point for the artist. Christina has delivered the best of herself vocally and lyrically. Global media has taken notice, with Rolling Stone Germany calling Christina “A superior singer songwriter.” Sonically, there are elements reminiscent of Rock and Pop legends like Tom Petty, Stevie Nicks and Annie Lennox, yet she remains current and unique to her own musicality. This is a Canadian artist dedicated to creating powerful sonic anthems fueled with universal and personal messages. She represents her home province of Nova Scotia proudly wherever she travels. Her live show is always developing, and the fact that she continues to be asked to return to markets (Germany, UK, France, Switzerland, Netherlands, Poland), and is invited into new markets every year is a reflection that she is building meaningful connections with audiences and promoters.
• ROLLING STONE GERMANY 3/5 Stars “A superior singer songwriter.”
• RNR MAGAZINE (UK) ALBUM REVIEW “Christina Martin knows how to deliver an album that seeps sultry rock and guiding Americana. Her latest album builds on her experience and boasts a confidence that reflects that journey.”
• FORTITUDE MAGAZINE (UK) 9.5 /10 “A superb album that showcases Christina Martin’s incredible ability to bounce between genres and styles at will. Each song breathes a life of its own, creating an experience like few others.
• GUESTLIST (UK) FEATURE INTERVIEW – Issue 109 (PG 50) http://read.uberflip.com/i/994595-issue-109
• GLOBAL MORNING TORONTO LIVE PERFORMANCE: https://globalnews.ca/video/4202256/canadian-musician-christina-martin-performs-lungs-are-burning
• CRACK MAGAZINE (UK) ALBUM REVIEW “Indeed, everything about the album has a “classic period” feel, harking back to those sublime 1970s tunesmiths who knew a thing or two about putting a quality melody over.”
• CELEBMIX (UK) IMPOSSIBLE TO HOLD ALBUM REVIEW “The lyrically wonderment LP opens with the sonically engaging title-track that features soaring vocals from Martin, strong storytelling lyrics that will resonate with many listeners. ”
• DEMUR (UK) ‘ALWAYS REMINDING’ SINGLE FEATURE “The beat hooks you in quickly and will most likely not get out of your head, so sorry about that, but I promise it’s worth it. Martin, who decided that with her new music she will follow the direction her songs lead her and not the way a genre does, clearly made a good decision because this is brilliant.”
• BOB MERSEREAU’S TOP 100 CANADIAN SINGLES (CND) ALBUM REVIEW “It feels like we’re on the knife-edge in each song, when things could go wrong, but love manages to save the day or at least pull us back for now. This album is why the repeat button was invented.”
• MUSIC REPUBLIC MAGAZINE (UK) ALBUM REVIEW 4/5 STARS “The old adage of, ‘leave ‘em wanting more’ is very relevant here. This is a class act. An album worthy of wide spread attention. Impossible to ignore…..”
• CANADIAN BEATS ALBUM REVIEW “Her obvious influences are used to creative effect without a hint of imitation, which is never an easy feat to pull off.”
• LONDON UK ROCKSHOT MAGAZINE LIVE REVIEW “Christina takes it to an entirely different level… Puppet Museum (with its Bruce Springsteen-influenced guitar riff), the minimalist Take Me Back In A Dream (uncovering the depth and beauty of her voice), and very personal Reaching Out clearly demonstrate why she is a multi award-winning singer and songwriter.”