Gab & Jam 67 5 Tips for Finding Your Musical Voice
Oddly, it seems like we were born having unique musical voices, but over the years, we have attempted to analyze what it might take for one to realize and/or craft a musical voice. Having said that, we are always on the lookout for other ways to recognize when we are honing in on what unique quality you have for interpreting your musical craft. In this episode, we look at a few of our top tips that have served us well. Since this list is by no means comprehensive, we welcome any additions you can suggest. (If you would prefer to watch the video, click here: http://bit.ly/gabandjam67vid )
Take into account these tips for finding your musical voice:
1. Let the muse move through you
2. Imitate, at first, if you must
3. Try a variety of instruments, methods, and environments
4. Listen to all genres of music
5. Don’t be afraid to create
What do you think? Who do you think should be added to our “Tips for Finding Your Musical Voice” List? AND/OR if you know cool places that we should visit in London, please tell us in the comments below.
Interested in hearing what we produce on a song-a-week challenge?
If you like to listen to a variety of musical genres, join our Facebook Group, Funky Happy People (who listen to a variety of musical genres) at http://bit.ly/funkyhappyjoin
And if you’d like to partner up with us folks who make music that falls in a wide variety of genres, please join our Facebook Group, Be the Next D.I.Y. Rock Star, where we share strategies, resources, mindset shifts, and growth hacks to help those who are trying to build a creatively prosperous life for themselves. http://bit.ly/diyrockstarjoin
If you’d like show notes and to find out about other former and upcoming topics, be sure to go to http://www.bloomingprejippie.com/subscribe , so that you won’t miss anything.
• Sweetwater Gearfest 2019 Meet Up: http://bit.ly/2C30D6y
• London 2019 Meet Up
Mentioned/seen in video:
• Stars in Your Eyes Eyewear (Austin, TX)
• Apple Watch
• Necklace (Bruce): http://www.Nashvillepicks.com
• Hartke Amp (see unboxing at https://youtu.be/QZaDmme2FMQ )
• 80s Playlist (created for our daughter): https://apple.co/2WS2P8E
♣ iPhone 6s:
♣ MacBook Pro
♣ Final Cut Pro X
♣ Canon T6i
♣ Fender Bass:
♣ Alesis Speakers:
♣ Logic Pro X:
♣ Canon Powershot G7x Markii Camera: https://youtu.be/hzeY_EjXp54
♣ Zoom H1n audio recorder: https://youtu.be/Fs_kamEueLs
“Dragon Stump,” courtesy of PMG Cool & Quirky Custom Music (available through Songtradr at http://bit.ly/2QGRatf )
*There are affiliate links in this listing. If you order through this link, we may receive a percentage of the sale at no cost to you.
*This is an unsponsored post.
More Ways to experience B L O O M I N G P R E J I P P I E :
• Blog: http://bit.ly/bloomingprejippie
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/bloomingprejippie
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bloomingprejipp
• Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/bloomingprejippie
• Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/bloomingprejippie
• YouTube: http://bit.ly/youtubesubprejippie
• SoundCloud (Gab & Jam podcast): http://bit.ly/gabandjam
• SoundCloud (music): https://soundcloud.com/prejippie
• Funky Happy People (Who Listen to a Variety of Genres of Music) Facebook Group: http://bit.ly/funkyhappyjoin
• Be the Next D.I.Y. Rock Star Facebook Group: http://bit.ly/diyrockstarjoin
Please subscribe. Thanks. http://bit.ly/youtubesubprejippie
Until next Monday, here’s wishing love, peace, and chicken grease!
- Podcast --Entertainment