Zane Simon & Dayne Fox are here tonight, Saturday, March 20th., 2021, to breakdown the ‘UFC VEGAS 22: ‘BRUNSON VS HOLLAND’ event, which was broadcast from the APEX Center, Las Vegas, Nevada. The guys will have hot takes, talk possible next fights, as well as provide you with expert reactions to the overall event. (SPOILERS...)
Sign up for #ESPN+ and watch #UFCVEGAS22 #BRUNSONvsHOLLAND — MAR 20th., 2021 at: http://go.web.plus.espn.com/c/482924/566982/9070?sharedid=BloodyElbow #UFCAPEX
Returning to the octagon for the main event, we had a middleweight clash between Derek Brunson, who was coming at this bout on a decent win streak, with a 21-7 career record and Kevin ‘Trailblazer’ Holland, who was on a four-fight win streak himself, with a 21-5 career record. They went all five rounds to the judges scorecards tonight.
In the co-main, we had a brief, but exciting welterweight bout which lasted all of two whole minutes and twenty seconds, between Max ‘Pain’ Griffin, and Kenan ‘The Assassin’ Song.
Prior to that, for our featured prelim bout we had a women’s bantamweight tilt between Marion Reneau and The Ultimate Fighter: Heavy Hitters women’s featherweight winner Macy Chiasson. This battle was originally scheduled for UFC Vegas 18. However, during the week leading up to the fight, Reneau was pulled from the card after testing positive for COVID-19. The bout was expected to remain intact and was rescheduled for UFC Vegas 20. They were once again rescheduled on February 20, due to Chiasson suffering an injury, with the pairing taking place at this event.
Overall, this whittled down ten-bout card saw three exciting first round finishes, no submissions, six exciting KO/TKO’s, and four decisions - including our Main Event. Rounding things out, bonuses for putting forth POTN efforts went to Max Griffin, Adrian Yanez, Grant Dawson, Bruno Silva; FOTN honors went to no one this time around. What a night of fights we have to share with you, join us to discuss all the action...
Here’s a look at the UFC VEGAS 22: ‘BRUNSON VS HOLLAND’ RESULTS & UPDATED FIGHT RECORDS:
ESPN+ MAIN PPV CARD | SAT. MAR. 20
10. 185lbs Derek Brunson (22-7) DEF. Kevin Holland (21-6) - DEC, Unanimous
9. 115lbs Max Griffin (17-8) DEF. Kenan Song (16-6) - KO/TKO, Punches at 2:20 of Rd 1
8. 115lbs Montserrat Ruiz (10-1) DEF. Cheyanne Buys (5-2) - DEC, Unanimous
7. 135lbs Adrian Yanez (13-3) DEF. Gustavo Lopez (12-6) - KO/TKO, Counter Right at 0:27 seconds of Rd 3, Total 10:27
6. 265lbs Tai Tuivasa (12-3) DEF. Harry Hunsucker (7-4) - KO/TKO, Overhand Right to G & P at 0:49 of Rd 1
5. 135lbs Macy Chiasson (7-1) DEF. Marion Reneau (9-7) - DEC, Unanimous
4. 155lbs Grant Dawson (17-1) DEF. Leonardo Santos (18-4) - KO/TKO, Hammerfists at 4:59 of Rd 3, Total 14:59
3. 185lbs Trevin Giles (14-2) DEF. Roman Dolidze (8-1) - DEC, Unanimous
2. 135lbs Montel Jackson (10-2) DEF. Jesse Strader (5-2) - KO/TKO, Right Hook to G & P at 1:58 of Rd 1
1. 125lbs Bruno Silva (11-5) DEF. JP Buys (9-3) - KO/TKO, Counter Right at 2:56 of Rd 2, Total 7:56
Be sure to follow Eddie - @TheEddieMercado & Dayne - @TheDayneFox; follow @BloodyElbow on twitter for all the latest in MMA happenings. Bloody Elbow Presents is a mixed martial arts podcast network presented to you by BloodyElbow.com.