http://soundcloud.com/finestego | Radio with http://soundcloud.com/hello-opti / http://soundcloud.com/peev-music and 'Behind the Beats' with http://soundcloud.com/submerse on http://soundcloud.com/bln-fm-1
60 minutes with exclusive and unreleased tracks. Hosted by Karolina Kaczor and Malte Tarnow on Radio BLN.FM. ▸▸ Every second Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday of the month (July, 8th / 9th / 13th at 8/9/10 PM CET).
This time we want to try out an new format, called “Behind the Beats“. Besides the usual interview guest, which is French producer opti and his Techno alias PEEV, we asked submerse, who is releasing his debut album “Slow Waves” later this month, to give us a little exclusive insight into his production process.
“Pierre Serafini was born on 1982 in the East of France, living the successive de-industrialization of his homeland, year after year, and developing a taste for haunting textures, melancholic soundscapes and abstract percussions. Starting out as a guitarist in several shoegaze bands, he grew an obsessive collection of analogue effects unit to shape and distort his sounds, following the likes of Radiohead‘s Jonny Greenwood or Sonic Youth‘s Jim O’Rourke. During sessions of what would be his last band adventure, he discovers sampling with an Akai S2000 device – Then everything changes.
He sets up in Lyon in 2004, starts producing as opti, and will reveal a steady obsession for textures and harmonies, and a special interest for remixing. Over more than a decade, opti will share stages with the likes of Blawan, Tricky, Mount Kimbie, Plaid, Shifted, Pearson Sound, Joy O, Julio Bashmore, Loefah, Untold, Maya Jane Coles, Phon.O, 16 Bit, Hatcha, Lone, Filastine, High Tone, Venetian Snares and a lot more.
His first album “The Letter D” was released on Irish label Acroplane on October 2010. His second EP, “The Moon Dissolved” was self-released on January 2012, gaining support from the likes of Laurent Garnier and others. His third release “Need and Hostility” was also self-released in July 2013, and was hilighted by music magazine XLR8R. From 2008 to 2012, he ran the label Airflex Labs, developing a strong bridge between UK’s electronic scene and the french audience.
Launched in 2013 as an alter ego to opti‘s moody and experimental electronic music, PEEV is all about Techno and Dancefloor crossovers.
Meanwhile, opti produced “BB Bleu” the debut single of American singer Kid A for Ninja Tune, which was remixed by Daedalus, Eliphino and Dolor, and is currently working on some new productions for her upcoming album.”
The show includes music from submerse, opti, PEEV, Jamie XX, Fedbymachines, Lower Spectrum, Castanets, Sean Piñeiro, Anenon, Sieren, Fil Cube, Krts and many more…
Finest Ego | Radio with opti / PEEV and “Behind the Beats” special with submerse on BLN.FM
➨ Finest Ego | Intro (Produced by http://soundcloud.com/submerse)
01. http://soundcloud.com/jamie-xx – Sleep Sound [http://soundcloud.com/youngturks, 2014]
02. http://soundcloud.com/fedbymachines – Waifarer [http://soundcloud.com/cutmusic, 2014]
03. http://soundcloud.com/lowerspectrum – Khlever [Forthcoming http://soundcloud.com/zerothroughnine, 2014]
04. Castanets – Strong Animal [http://soundcloud.com/asthmatickitty, 2014]
05. http://soundcloud.com/seanpineiro – Green Copy [http://soundcloud.com/ki-records, 2014]
06. http://soundcloud.com/anenon – Lights and Rocks [Forthcoming http://soundcloud.com/nonprojects, 2014]
07. http://soundcloud.com/hello-opti – Love Me [http://soundcloud.com/thechemistrymag, 2013]
➨ opti Interview
08. http://soundcloud.com/peev-music – NGC 5907 [Unreleased Exclusive, 2014]
09. http://soundcloud.com/hello-opti – La Dimension Plaisir [Unreleased Exclusive, 2014]
10. http://soundcloud.com/hello-opti – The Ratio [Self-Released, 2013]
➨ opti Interview end
11. http://soundcloud.com/sieren – Reveal [Forthcoming http://soundcloud.com/shadesrecs, 2014]
12. http://soundcloud.com/phil-alexandrov – Through The Rippled Glass [Unreleased Exclusive, 2014]
➨ submerse Behind the Beats special
13. http://soundcloud.com/submerse – Math [Forthcoming, http://soundcloud.com/projectmooncircle, 2014]
➨ submerse Behind the Beats special end
14. http://soundcloud.com/submerse – Sayz U (http://soundcloud.com/krts Edit) [Unreleased, 2014]