Former resident of three time International Dance Music Awards 'Best Podcast' nominee show 'Crobar BoraMusic HouseCast'. Always looking ahead, he strives to break boundaries with his genre defying variations, building up a dedicated crowd with solid residencies and well-crafted performances all around.
- Check out Crobar BoraMusic HouseCast @ http://feeds.feedburner.com/boramusic or http://bit.ly/cbm (iTunes)
- Check out Barish’s facebook group 'Barish Turker - Crobar BoraMusic HouseCast & Dinamo Shows' or myspace blog through ‘http://blogs.myspace.com/barishturker' for downloads and more info. http://j.mp/barish
Barish is a dedicated music lover, and an established dj. His passion for music began with his long escapades into the world of R'n'b and Soul at a very early age. While studying architectural engineering at the University of Hartford, his mad nights during the early times of Twilo made him fall in love with electronic music and its performance.
After graduation, he moved to New York for business opportunities and that's where his dj'ing career took off. After winning a mixing competition held by New York City’s DJ Mark Divine (Sound Factory), Barish secured himself two local weekly residencies at the Leopard Lounge and Liquids sharing the booth respectively with Mark Divine (D3) and Julio Terra (MuzakTherapy).
After returning to his native country , Barish quickly became a resident at Turkey’s most prestigious clubs such as Crystal, Nuclub and Underground. During this time Barish has become one of the principal member DJs of the highly regarded “Together” crew notably comprising international house talents such as Yunus Guvenen, Subsky, & Muzo B. His evergrowing ‘Wet’n’Juicee’ nights at NuClub had been a landmark for house music lovers in the past few years and his recent residencies at Club Clinic and Multidance has been making a great impact, not to mention his opening performance for François K at Istanbul’s Surmeli, an extended set at Dinamo’s Radar Live Festival and his very recent performance at Ultra Festival After Party in Miami Music Conference with names such as Paul Oakenfold and Hernan Cattaneo.
Barish has been DJ’ing with a pious dedication since early 2000 and his hard work is felt in his key mixing abilities and exceptional track selection. He is known by his friends as one of the most disciplined and motivated Dj in the country, nothing can tear him apart from the booth not even a broken leg! His blend of unique sounds, unprejudiced genre defying variations and rather hypnotic approach has caught the attention of IDJ magazine, which commented his set with great review in the Readers’ Mixes Section on May 2003 issue. Barish has started to host for 34 BPM shows on the internet’s leading dance broadcast Proton Radio after his brilliant guest mixes and his sets also appeared on selected radio servers such as Mercurysessions, Musicserver.uk, Frisky, etc.
Barish has been performing around the US and eastern Europe for the last few years including
- Miami (Ultra Festival After Party w/ Paul Oakenfold & Hernan Cattaneo, Proton Radio Party w/ Subsky, Dinamo Party w/ Fuchs, Joshua Collins.., Red Flag Collective & Angora Records’ Collaborative party w/ Ozgur Can, Astro&Glyde..)
- New York (Swamy’s Sunday night party at Le Souk w/ Astro & Glyde, Loft’n’Space Party at Robots)
- Hartford (Red Flag Collective Release Party w/ Yunus)
- Bulgaria (Arro Dance, Life House & Comics Club)
- Poland (Piekarnia, Klatka & Mandragora)
- Romania (Kristal Club)
- Hungary (Dokk Club - Red Flag Collective Release Party w/ Yunus)
- Russia (live performance with Burhan Öçal at Turquality Fashion Project at Moscow’s Music House)
Barish and Muzo B’s collaborative project, a Digweed favorite “Adequate Medication”, was first spotted at Sasha&Digweed Coloursfest ’03 radio set and released on December through Red Flag Collective, a record label he started with Yunus Güvenen, Subsky and Muzo B being responsible for label's promotion and also working as the A&R Coordinator along with Subsky. Barish and Muzo’s other monstrous project ‘Intra-Venous’ took place on Digweed’s September ’05 Chart and got released through their digital platform.
Barish has also worked as the music director at Istanbul’s independent electronic music station Dinamo 103.8 (www.dinamo.fm). He ran three different weekly shows called Section, Wet'n'Juicee Sessions and LOW, shaking the airwaves from 2002 to 2009. The radio has also been chosen as the most listened alternative station in Turkey, that also led Bpm magazine (Sept. 2005 issue) to cover the growing success in its ‘Istanbul Shakers’ article including an interview with Barish himself.
Barish is also Crobar BoraMusic Housecast's resident DJ. A two time IDMA nominated House Music Podcast with guest DJ mixes and interviews from the world's top DJs. Some of the previous episodes include artists such as Bob Sinclar, Martin Solveig, Fedde le Grand, Sasha, Dubfire and many more to come in 2010 with Barish serving up a weekly selection.
- His live performance can be caught at Ulus 29, NuClub, Club Clinic, MultiDance, Buz, A46 parties, The Hall and other various clubs and events.
Users who follow barish turker