There's increasingly more swapping of tracks/soundcloud links being posted on the DJ History messageboard, so it's probably about time we had our own group here to post up bits we're working on, sneaky edits, pre-release previews etc etc. So join up, start swapping and, erm, that's it.
The Garden Festival is one of the hippest, coolest and forward-thinking on the global calendar. Set on a narrow pine-shaded peninsular which juts into shimmering azure Adriatic waters near the 900-year old village of Petrcane, it is attended by world class DJs and live acts and party people from all over Europe and beyond. Run by two UK families who moved to the area years ago, The Garden combines sun-kissed holiday vibes and a very intimate festival feel. Twice daily boat parties run on the legendary Argonaughty and there is late night action in the lovingly restored Barbarellas Discotheque club. Live acts play under the shade in on the main outdoor stage whilst The Tiki Bar, where waves lap over the feet of dancers, is perfect for catching the stunning sunsets. Many people who attend also travel around Croatia too – there is so much to see and do in the region, everything from exploring historic towns and deserted islands to secluded beaches and ancient monuments.
Headliners include Hercules and Love Affair, Mayer Hawthorne, Rob da Bank, Mr Scruff, Greg Wilson, Crazy P, 2020 Soundsystem, Terry Callier, Tensnake, Horse Meat Disco, Qool DJ Marv, The Revenge, Cuban Brothers, Seth Troxler, Jamie Jones, Sebo K, Floating Points, Filthy Dukes, Metro Area, Henrik Schwarz and many, many more...
<b>Group Rules</b> (more 2 come soon):
<b>WATCH YOUR Tag's!</b>
1. Any music that does not fit in to "deep house cosmic disco re-edits" genre may be deleted without warning...
2. Any song / track that does not have tag's like "deep house cosmic disco re-edits" may be deleted without warning...
3. Mixes have to have at least partial track-listing and will be limited by moderators' choice as well as single tracks.
4. Mixes will be limited to one mix a month per person. No more electro house, no minimal, no souless techno.
5. Mixes have to be over 30 minutes and have to have (at least partial) track-listing
6. Please no unfinished tracks or snippets. Preference will be given to full tracks
7. Please do not spam us with all of your tracks at once. If you do that we will select few that we like rest will be dumped.
* Deep/ tech house will be filtered up to moderators' preferences.
8. Be (self critical) before submitting!
<b>For all others who send tracks and there were not approved:</b>
1. something is missing or did not meet first 8 rules criteria.
2. some other things like composition or quality of production suck.
3. we just don't feel it.
That does not necessarily mean that you music is bed or similar ,it's just that we have certain root idea and we stick to it... that
simple... Thank you for your understanding :)
<b>Some labels we recognize as winners (more 2 come soon):</b>
( this section should give our group members a clue where we at and what is our frequency )
A non exhaustive, but ever growing list of artists and labels that fall into this loose category:
Lindstrom, Prins Thomas, Bear Funk, Henrik Schwarz, Full Pupp, Todd Terje, Omar S, Feedelity, Artofdisco, Carl Craig, Versatile, LCD Soundsystem, Pepe Bradock, DFA, Metro Area, Environ, Al Usher, Moodymann, Theo Parrish, Freerange, Pittmann, Rub N Tug, Rong Music, DC Recordings, MAW, Mock & Toof, Mule Musiq, Maurice Fulton, Quiet Village, Supersounds, Spiritcatcher, Whatever We Want, Nick Holder, NRK, Emperor Machine, Chicken Lips, Harvey, Sunday-Music, Bill Brewster, Soul Jazz, Subway, Francois K, Danny Krivit, Ibadan, John Daly, A Mountain Of One, Studio, Unirhythm, Brennan Green, Chateau Flight...
<b> (This text should be re adapted here i think it's really good and simple ) if it's ok w. mr.K. </b>
there is a tremendous amount of music sent to group daily and we simply can not accomodate all of
it without reducing quality of the content in the group so please no rough sketches, no previews, no mixes without tracklists (at least partial), all mixes have to be downloadable from soundcloud. Also tracks that have been "privately" shared to thousands of people will be considered up to modetators' preferences, we consider these actions as spam, so if you want to spam please go elsewhere.Please do not send us multiple mixes at a time, it is one mix a month per person, so if you been repeatedly rejected this is the most likely reason.