Sat 17 Mar 2018
✏️ Authentic Adhkār from the Qur’an & Sunnah:
Lesson 9: The Purpose of our Creation, and the falsehood of Atheism and Polytheism
• Brief recap of previous lessons
• Importance of having a connection to Allah
• Ibn Qayyim’s statement that the need of the slave to remember his lord is just as the need of a fish for water
• One who makes no remembrance of his lord, then his heart is an empty void
• Allah gave us a purpose and an objective to our existence
• Allah says: “And I (Allah) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone)” (Surah Dhaariyaat (The Winds that Scatter) verse 56)
o Allah, from the very beginning of the creation of our father Adam, this was the objective and Allah ordered all of the Angels to prostrate to Adam
o Shaitaan (Satan), unlike the Angels, refused to prostrate and so he became from the disbelievers
o NOTE: Unlike some Christians, we do NOT believe that Shaitaan (Satan) was an Angel or a “fallen angel”. He is a Jinn.
• Shaitaan attempts to misguide the people and lead them to the hellfire
• The falsehood of Atheism.
o It is from our innate human nature that we believe and recognise that we have a creator. Even the atheist cannot escape the recognition that there is a being greater than themselves
• The story of the Muslim scholar vs a group of Atheists (approx. 1300 years ago)
o What did the Scholar say to them?
o The clear error of Atheists that they recognise purpose and design in everyday life, yet reject purpose and design in life itself, or in the complexity of the world we live in. They will refuse to accept that a ship can come about without a ship maker, yet they insist to believe that the creation/everything in existence can come about without a creator.
• Allah says: “Who has created death and life, that He may test you which of you is best in deed. And He is the All-Mighty, the Oft-Forgiving;” [Surah Al-Mulk (The Dominion) verse 67]
o The test requires effort. Following the commands of the devil is easier than following the commands of our Lord.
o Certainly, there will be a resurrection and the results of this test will become clear to see
• Anas bin Malik narrated that the Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلم) said: "Three follow the deceased, two of them return, and one remains. He is followed by his family, his wealth, and his deeds. So his family and his wealth returns, and his deeds remain." [Jami` at-Tirmidhi]
• Abu Dharr reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, reported that Allah, the Blessed and Exalted, said: "My slaves! I have forbidden injustice for Myself and I have made it forbidden among you, so do not wrong one another. "My slaves! You err by night and day and I forgive wrong actions and do not care. Ask me for forgiveness and I will forgive you. "My slaves! All of you are hungry unless I have fed you, so ask Me to feed you, and I will feed you. All of you are naked unless I have clothed you, so ask Me to clothe you and I will clothe you. "My slaves! If all of you, the first of you and the last of you, the jinn among you and the men among you, were to be as godfearing as the most godfearing heart of any one of you, that would not add anything to My kingdom. If they were to be as corrupt as the most corrupt heart of any one of you, that would not decrease anything in My kingdom. If they were to join together in one place and then ask of Me, and I gave every man among them what he asked for that, that would not reduce My kingdom at all, except as the sea is decreased if a needle is dipped into it. "My slaves! It is only your actions which I have appointed for you. Whoever finds good should praise Allah. Whoever finds other than that should only blame himself.'" [Al-Adab Al-Mufrad]
For rest of summary go to AlhudaBolton.com