60 Tigres is a musically
energetic act based on beats
and effects, a mix between
Disco Dance and Punk Sound.
- With funk, psychedelic and Latin driven melodies, their live presentations transmit their music’s energy, flair and dynamism. Always making the audience hit the dance floor.
- The Band was formed with the basic idea of blending different styles and genres on stage.
- They create their own style by merging foreign influences with Spanish and English lyrics, always trying to portray their actual social situation and day-to-day reality.
- Since the launching of their first record “Los Emigrantes” (“The Emigrants”) their songs have received local and national radio airplay.
- They have performed in South By Southwest 2008 and 2009 (Austin, TX), MySpace Latin Festival (Chicago, IL), SPI Music Fest (South Padre Island, TX), NACOTHEQUE (Houston, TX), Automático (Los Angeles, CA), Hellow Fest (Monterrey, Mexico), among others.
- Presentations in several widely known national and international stages include:
El Imperial (México City, Mexico), The Compound (Austin, TX), The Mink (Chicago, IL), etc.
- Opening act for Babasónicos, los Boyz, The Whitest Boy Alive, DeLorean, Ghostland Observatory, Metronomy, etc.
- They have shared the stage in different occasions with highly acclaimed bands like: Zoé, Amigos Invislbles, Plastilina Mosh, Jumbo, etc.
- 60 Tigres has a strong presence on local and national printed, electronic and audiovisual media. The band has been featured on numerous Radio Stations, Newspapers, Webzines, Blogs and also on the most important national and international Music Magazines, like: Marvin, Chicago’s Extra, El Norte, XLR8R, Page Magazine, Enchúfate, California Tour Press, among others.
- Indie Rocks Magazine, one of the leading national Music Magazines, named “Los Emigrantes” “One of the best Mexican albums in 2008”
- They just finished recording their last album, called “Garage”, produced by Mauricio Terrazina (Zurdok, Vaquero, The Volture)
- A very strong and extensive media coverage around the country, focused on spreading 60 Tigres’ music, is constantly broadening and increasing their audience. Their new material will be for sale as of Summer 2010.
60 Tigres’s tracks