1) Tell us a bit about yourself and your record collection“
I’m Djing and collecting since 1988, putting out records constantly since 1993, won the German ITF DJ Chamionships twice in 98/99, worked together with artists like Masta Ace, Souls of Mischief, Blowfly, Edo G, Mr Lif, Zion I, Akrobatik, Beat Junkies, Z-Trip and many more. Touring the world on a regular level. Nowadays playing 45s sets that brought me to countries like the US, Australia, India, China, Russia, Israel, allover Southeast Asia. Mainly into OG pressings, Hip Hop, Funk, Soul, Disco, Boogie, Reggae, Breaks, Library sounds, Germany Funk & Soul breaks and some exotica.
2) 45/7 is all about celebrating the 7". Can you tell us a bit about what you love about the format.
It’s simply a loveley format that nowadays keep for me the true essence and spirit of DJing. The scene built up strong again the past few years and easy to transport for travelling around the globe.
3) One hour of vinyl goodness... can you talk us through your selection for your 45/7 mix?
I like always to do mixes with some kind of topics or genres. Variation is the key. This one is supposed to be a feel good summer mix with focus on Boogiefunk, perfect for the upcoming BBQ & Beachseason.
4) Where can people catch you / listen to your music?
You can check all my upcoming dates and infos on www.keepitdusty.com and www.marc-hype.com , for Mixes & Productions you can check www.soundcloud.com/marchype , of course also on www.facebook.com/djmarchype , www.instagram.com/marchype & www.twitter.com/marchype
5) Top 5 all time fave records
Always a tough one… I’ll rather look what’s never leaving the bag
1. Bobby Byrd - I Know You Got Soul
2. Incredible Bongo Band - Apache
3. Ray Baretto - Right On
4. Beastie Boys - Intergalactic
5. Dusty Donuts - The Get Down