- 1. "Your World, Reflected" － Jaguar XJ Ultimate 60sec Spot 1.02 609 plays
- 2. "Luxury" - Jaguar XJ 30sec Spot 0.28 769 plays
- 3. "Dynamics" - Jaguar XF 30sec Spot 0.27 339 plays
- 4. "Leisure" - Jaguar 13MY Promo 1.30 296 plays
- 5. "Smart Work" - Jaguar 13MY Promo 1.20 151 plays
- 6. "Alive" - Jaguar Campaign Review 2013 2.38 84 plays
- 7. "He Can Fly" - Iron Man 3/Audi 60sec Commercial 1.03 416 plays
- 1. NUWA - Snowfall Tragedies (女娲-灾难中的悲伤) 2.01 643 plays
- 2. NUWA - The Gods Duel (女娲-斗争) 3.13 690 plays
- 3. NUWA - Forbidden Love II - Nuwa Main Theme (女娲-爱) 4.29 674 plays
- 4. NUWA - The War for Heaven (女娲 - 补天) 6.46 1520 plays
- 5. NUWA - Knock on Stone (女娲-敲石头舞) 2.15 243 plays
- 6. NUWA - The Memorial (女娲-祭奠舞) 2.00 194 plays
- 7. NUWA - Crazy Woman Dance (女娲-女子疯狂舞) 0.58 289 plays
- 8. NUWA - Fuxi Main Theme (女娲-伏曦主题) 1.38 294 plays
- 9. NUWA - Knowing You (女娲 - 认你) 4.24 502 plays
- 10. NUWA - Phoenix Rising (女娲-月下凤鸣) 1.23 176 plays
- 11. NUWA - Water Duet (女娲 - 水爱双人舞) 4.53 396 plays
- 12. NUWA - Separation (女娲 - 离) 2.53 229 plays
- 13. NUWA - Creation (女娲-创造世界) 1.05 207 plays
- 1. What the Forest Says (林语) - Part I 1.40 283 plays
- 2. What the Forest Says (林语) - Part II 2.15 156 plays
- 3. What the Forest Says (林语) - Part III 2.06 115 plays
- 4. What the Forest Says (林语) - Part IV 1.23 104 plays
- 5. What the Forest Says (林语) - Part V 1.21 153 plays
- 6. What the Forest Says - Part VI 1.34 65 plays
I currently work back and forth between Los Angeles and Beijing as a freelance composer and also as an associate composer/arranger for the Beijing Dance Drama & Opera.
How did I get here? Growing up in Houston, I started studying violin at age eight with Bingsun Yang, once the concertmaster of the China National Symphony Orchestra. Ten years later, I decided I hadn't the nerves to continue performing on stage, so I went for the opposite musical occupation: composing, where you sit in your cave, eat microwavable foods, and create to your heart's satisfaction.
I learned how to do all three things while studying for a Bachelor of Arts in Music and a Music Recording Minor at the University of Southern California, where I was fortunate enough to collaborate with uniquely awesome students on over 40 short films, a variety of TV themes for the campus TV station, and many other projects, including for Sony, Hewlett-Packard, and American Apparel. I won a few awards and honors too. May of 2010, I graduated a year early, and since then I've been doing the same thing, but bigger and better! Everything's in the Project List.
A particularly nice highlight of my experience was the chance to work as Randy Newman's (you know, Oscar and Grammy-winning composer/singer/songwriter - that one) technical assistant on The Princess and the Frog and Toy Story 3. And Battlestar Galactica, Caprica, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Eureka, and Walking Dead fans, I interned for Bear McCreary. He is a genius. "So say we all."
Along with composing, I also edit, mix, and master my own scores. What's one to do? We're all on shoestring budgets these days.
I have a few pieces I consider classical, just so I can call myself slightly, infinitesimally legit, as opposed to a complete-sellout-unserious-this-isn't-real-music-film-composer. They've been premiered at downtown Houston's Hobby Center for the Performing Arts, performed by members of the Houston Grand Opera and Houston Symphony, and choreographed to by Houston Ballet II.
The end. For now.