- 1. WOODY AKI - Sunset Sundays mix (2007) 1.00.00 310 plays
- 2. WOODY AKI - Ghigo's Disco: The 1984 Flashback (2005) 1.02.48 326 plays
- 3. WOODY AKI - Nondescript 01 (live @ Region 2, York, UK - 13.11.09) 1.15.43 238 plays
- 4. WOODY AKI - The Marianas Trench (live @ Region 2, York, UK - 12.02.10) 1.23.47 259 plays
- 5. WOODY AKI & OWEN JAY - Live on The Batti Batti Show (14.06.2010) 1.55.47 404 plays
- 6. WOODY AKI - The Redemption Of Disco Stu 1.20.11 997 plays
- 7. WOODY AKI - The Art Of Pushing Air... (10.11.2011) 58.01 2071 plays
- 1. SUPER DISCO MINIOTTA - Nada Toulouse 7.34 770 plays
- 2. SUPER DISCO MINIOTTA - Why Do You Ask? 4.56 466 plays
- 3. IRA LOSCO - She (Woody Aki & Owen Jay's 5am In Prenzlauerberg remix) 7.27 1160 plays
- 4. WOODY AKI & OWEN JAY - Verdaguer 6.43 657 plays
- 5. THE FATBACK BAND - Wicky Wacky (Woody Aki Remake) 6.17 777 plays
- 6. ABC - How To Be A Zillionaire (Woody Aki's Corporate Reality Edit) 4.52 625 plays
Woody Aki was (and sometimes is) a music journalist, historian, DJ, producer, artiste or a bass player with various bands of wildly diverse genres. Born in Melbourne, Australia, and raised in Malta, he started playing bass at age 15, gradually carving up a reputation as one of the island’s most atypical-sounding bass players in stints with local Punk, Pop-Rock, Reggae and Alternative Rock bands. A small but life-changing role with Phillip Boa & The Voodooclub on the sessions of 1993 best-selling album “Boaphenia” set him off with a stronger conviction to spread his wide musical influences over a large canvas coloured by 1970’s Dub Reggae, Punk, Disco, New Wave and beyond. In a pre-internet world, it earned him the nickname “The Walking Musical Encyclopaedia”!
Decamping to Frankfurt and Berlin on an on/off basis between 1994-1996 convinced Woody to materialise his undying obsession with all the forms of electronic music that ruled the home stereos and underground discotheques of the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s. He fused that with the House sensibilities of the 90’s together with side orders of Jazz, Funk and melodic yet intelligent Techno, forming the duo Bound By Sound together with Konrad Griscti (a.k.a. Gingi) back in Malta. By the time they disbanded 2 years later, Woody had honed his DJ skills whilst coming out with a slew of solo productions and collaborative remixes on his own as well with close friend and musical soulmate Owen Jay. Those releases brought him back to Berlin in 2004, and his appearances at various venues such as Delicious Doughnuts, Schoenwetter and Café Moskau followed, earning him the admiration of Modeselektor (BPitch Control), Sven Dohse (Greenman/Shtone Music), and the late co-founder of the Love Parade himself, Ralf Regitz, who became a mentor of sorts as well as a close friend.
Now based in Cambridge (UK) after a three year residency with Region 2 in York, Woody periodically releases the odd electronic track, releasing his first track after a 5-year hiatus together with Demarkus Lewis on the Batti Batti label back in 2010. Bookings are few and far nowadays, but he still posts uncompromising mixes full of Italo Disco, various variations of the alternative House spectrum, 1970’s/1980’s Mutant Disco, electronic classics from the last 30 years, old school Hi-NRG from the Gay clubs of yore and a selection of tight, emotional Electro and Techno from times past and present for like-minded left-wing electronic aficionados disillusioned by the sludge of mainstream Dance ‘culture’ - a colourful versatility that over the last 25 years earned him a cult respect all across Europe that very few individuals – famous, successful, both or not – can match.