Tiger Flower Circle Sun (Selected tracks from LP) 15 tracks, 45.28 Willits on September 29, 2009 22:49
- 1. Portal 1.30 2193 plays
- 2. Sun Body 3.36 1051 plays
- 3. Sunlight Is You 1.25 688 plays
- 4. Green Faces 3.37 801 plays
- 5. Uplifting The Streets 3.51 511 plays
- 6. Plant Body 2.49 462 plays
- 7. New Life 3.12 419 plays
- 8. The Hands Connect To The Heart 5.38 400 plays
- 9. The Heart Connects To The Head 3.01 390 plays
- 10. Intend-Evolve 1.31 410 plays
- 11. You Are Always Surrounded By Stars 3.38 300 plays
- 12. Subconscious Transmission 1.36 308 plays
- 13. Light Into Branches 3.32 317 plays
- 14. Branches Into Flowers 0.46 316 plays
- 15. Flowers Into Stardust 5.41 876 plays
Christopher Willits is an artist- a musician, guitarist, producer, photographer, filmmaker all-in-one.
Willits occupies a unique corner of the electronic-art-music universe—hovering above the intersection of electronic production’s nuts and bolts, new media art, and a wide-open creative mind. “i am a conduit of the process, a kind of gardener,” he says. “I simply imagine, intuit, respond and do the work laid before me.” Willits’ tireless responding and doing and working has produced 24 albums in the last 10 years—solo and in collaboration with artists including Ryuichi Sakamoto, Matmos, Zach Hill, and Taylor Deupree—and an organic, multi-faceted sound that expands like the vines of an electro-acoustic kudzu plant. Christopher Willits is a teacher, a label owner (the experimental hub Overlap.org), a meditator, a tech geek, a visual/new media artist, and virtuosic musician in one. In other words, there’s no one out there quite like him.
Willits designs much of his own software, and his music is a holistic universe in which all elements are interconnected; he folds his guitar lines into bleary, unrecognizable shapes and polyrhythmic textures, adding strokes of percussion, horns, and his own voice until the whole glows with an earthly inner light. A full list of Christopher Willits’ releases and accomplishments would take up considerable column space, but a beginner’s guide to Willits includes 2002’s Folding, and the Tea (his watery 12k debut), 2006’s landmark Surf Boundaries (his first full-length record on Ghostly International), 2008’s Ocean Fire (Willits’ collaboration with renowned pianist / composer Ryuichi Sakamoto), and 2010's Tiger Flower Circle Sun and GOLD a bath of immersive sound created for relaxing, released in late 2011.
More info - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Willits