- 1. 1. I’ll Be There 4.00 237 plays
- 2. 2. Pale Blue Eyes 2.31 186 plays
- 3. 3. Burning Up Inside 2.37 146 plays
- 4. 4. She's A Casual User 3.51 141 plays
- 5. 5. The Day I Let You Pass Me By 2.51 206 plays
- 6. 6. I'll Love You Until Monday Morning 5.48 306 plays
- 7. 7. Alopecia 2.42 92 plays
- 8. 8. Up On Lavender Hill 1.52 109 plays
- 9. 9. Are You Listening? 3.49 99 plays
- 10. 10. Not Guilty Of Love 2.23 109 plays
- 11. 11. Lost Afternoons 5.09 70 plays
- 12. 12. A Blackbird Lost In The Night 5.39 58 plays
'‘Bird’s Bread’ is out now on Laughing Outlaw Records/Inertia and iTunes - www.laughingoutlaw.com.au and http://itunes.apple.com/au/album/birds-bread/id524573673
Wilding exists in a musical habitat that delights in slyly curling melodies, frank if at times absurdist lyrics about love and desire, and whimsical, multi-hued arrangements that lay bare the spirit of freedom, madness and fun.
In 2010, work began on the debut Wilding album, Bird’s Bread, recorded with Robin Waters (The Boat People) at his Brunswick home studio in between work commitments, The Boat People and other distractions. And usually on a Monday. Wilding would write and sing the songs and Waters would record, produce and play many of the remaining instruments on the record. Just over a year later the recording and mixing was finished and the album was mastered by producer Matthew Redlich (Hungry Kids of Hungary, Ball Park Music).
At Bird’s Bread’s core is a sense of playful pop experimentation and idiosyncratic song-writing that has arisen from the method of its making - a distinctly British flavour which takes in Abbey Road psychedelia, Canterbury-prog, freak folk, Merseybeat and British music hall. Influences which flow naturally from Wilding’s early years in Liverpool, England and the music that was around him.
The album’s addictive melodic catchiness happily pulls you under its charms and into its feel-good world. Bird’s Bread is reminiscent of the feeling you had as a kid watching HR Pufnstuf - coming out of your speakers in hyper-real TV technicolour.
Release/catalogue number: LORCD146
Release date: May 4, 2012