- 1. KUM023: Wandler - Get together 7.18 1385 plays
- 2. KUM023: Wandler - Captivate 7.14 724 plays
- 3. ANDTHEN001: Wandler - La petite mort pt.1 9.18 736 plays
- 4. ANDTHEN001: Wandler - La petite mort pt.2 11.23 456 plays
- 5. MZ20110401: Wandler - Pattern 001 9.26 672 plays
- 6. MZ20110401: Wandler - Leaves 9.49 570 plays
- 7. Big Zis - Suure Räge (wandler Remix) - Nation Music 7.46 970 plays
- 8. Kreis Zwei - Losing you (wandler remix) - DSN Musik 6.38 701 plays
- 1. DJ Mix Katerclosing Oberstübchen Excerpt 1.47.52 326 plays
- 2. Wandler Dj Mix rts.fm 23.2.2012 1.01.51 1959 plays
- 3. Wandler Live @ Hive Club, Zurich 09.10.11 55.35 1459 plays 126.0 BPM
- 4. Dj Mix for mynightlife.fm Show31 July 2010 58.03 1322 plays
- 5. Dj Mix wandler Mai 2010 256kbps 57.05 1129 plays
- 6. Dj Mix for teclectic podcast 02, February 2010 58.48 317 plays
- 7. DJ Mix wandler Okt 2009 1.00.30 1811 plays
In the best moments of a club night, time vanishes. It’s taken out of the equation. To borrow from the writer Gertrude Stein: it’s when a groove is a groove is a groove. It must have been one of these transcendent hours that led techno maven Chaton to bestow a huge compliment. „Wandler is the best Swiss techno DJ“ the Geneva producer raved in October 2010, flanking his point by a dozen exclamation marks.
Needless to say, Chaton is no rambling prophet. When Michael Stutz AKA Wandler is in the groove, there’s hardly anything that can stop him. Having started to beatmix at the tender age of thirteen, Wandler’s spotless deep techno sets have graced not only his club residencies at the Zukunft and the Hive Club, but also countless gigs at venues like the Bar25 in Berlin, Batofar in Paris, the WMF in Berlin or the Registratur in Munich.
The head DJ of Zurich’s Motoguzzi label, it was the sound of Depeche Mode, Nitzer Ebb and the early Front 242 that made Wandler fall in love with electronic music. Plastikman and Studio 1 later intiated him to the sparse manners of minimal techno. Debuting in 2005 with the Tanzwut EP on Littlebig Recordings, Mr. Stutz has stepped up his release schedule of late: Three raw, clanging and intense EPs are to be released this spring on Motoguzzi, Kumquat and And then... . Plus, a joint collaboration with Mastra has crystallized into a staggering 12inch on Mike Shannon’s Cynosure imprint. You better believe the hype: Time is more than ripe for Wandler. Right, it’s that moment.
Text: Bjoern Schaeffner