Stats for this track
UVI joined forces with the world’s leading acoustic research center, IRCAM, to bring you this very special instrument.
Recorded at the IRCAM labs in Paris on a Yamaha C7 Grand Piano, IRCAM Prepared Piano boasts over 30 contemporary preparation techniques deeply multi-sampled with the finest equipment available by some of the world’s leading acoustic technicians.
Our powerful UVI technology gives you up to two simultaneous preparations per note and advanced parameter editing, providing nearly endless configuration possibilities. Utilize screws, erasers, coins, clothespins, sticks and more–excite the strings with a mallet, plectrum, bow or even an eBow.
Quickly explore new sound environments with the built in randomization features and listen as this massive instrument delights your ears with previously unheard timbre and texture combinations.
If you’re a musician or sound designer who likes to explore the cutting edge of avant garde, IRCAM Prepared Piano offers an experience like no other.
• Deep multi-sampling of 45 preparations on the IRCAM Yamaha C7 Grand Piano.
• Over 12,000 samples in total.
• Multiple mic positions.
• Pristine recordings made with the finest mics, preamps and converters available including DPA, Schoeps and Prism.
• Advanced algorithms by the leading UVI scripter, Arnaud Sicard of AcousticSamples.
• UVI SparkVerb™; add lush atmosphere to any configuration instantly.
- THE PREMIER EXPERIMENTAL INSTRUMENT -
Release date: Aug 1, 2012