RICHARD KNOX & FREDERIC D. OBERLAND - The Rustle of the Stars 9 tracks, 53.46 The Rustle of the Stars on August 08, 2011 11:33
- 1. Sleeping Land (I) 5.52 3185 plays
- 2. Mist 3.59 860 plays
- 3. Drawing Lines To The End Of The World 7.00 977 plays
- 4. Le Passage du Nord-Ouest 5.04 909 plays
- 5. Sea of Bones 4.30 676 plays
- 6. A Divide 2.38 419 plays
- 7. The Wreck of Hope 9.40 405 plays
- 8. Sleeping Land (II) 5.13 434 plays
- 9. Bonus track : The Wreck of Hope (alternate ambient version) 9.46 1235 plays
Need a gift for a gifted musician?
A music related concept by Richard Knox and Frédéric D. Oberland.
450 km from the arctic circle, 'The Rustle of the Stars' is a phenomenon of austere beauty, a barely audible noise that occurs when the draught from human breath causes multiple collisions among the ice micro-crystals in the air.
We would like to think of this album as a polar journey to the ends of the earth through the arctic sea. We kept in mind the first polar expeditions, Edgar Allan Poe's Dream-Land, the ships trapped or crushed by ice, the point of no-return, the minds sinking, the attempt on the Pole ending in disaster, the quest of the Northwest Passage, Erebus & Terror, the Mercy Bay, Mangazeya, Charles Francis Hall, Beechey Island, the Midnight sun and the Polar night.
LP (LTD EDITION) | ORDER:
Limited Edition (300 hand numbered), silver foiled text 180g 12" HEAVYWEIGHT VINYL. Package includes artwork postcard, a screenprint and a digital download code.
ALL ORDERS RECEIVE A FREE INSTANT EXCLUSIVE DOWNLOAD of 'Sleeping Land (pt I)' & non-album bonus track 'The Wreck of Hope (alternate ambient version)'.
RELEASED on GIZEH RECORDS
NOVEMBER 7th 2011