Need a gift for a gifted musician?
- Bandcamp: pay what you want + artwork + lyrics, etc
- CDBaby Official
- Jango Artist Airplay
- Poze Productions/Poze Records Inc.
- iTunes (INDIA)
- Musicfellas.com (INDIA)
Indie/Alternative artist out of Bombay, India.
The debut album,"One Last Monsoon," was written & performed entirely by songwriter David Abraham, and primarily recorded in his bedroom - an apt environment for an album, which essentially sounds like a love letter to the Indie & Alternative genres, as well as the artists/bands that allow these genres to thrive.
A few that come to mind: the Stills, Matt Pond, Swervedriver, Toadies. The debut album from The Koniac Net, in many ways, pays tribute to these artists, but at the same time breathes new life into the Indie genre. 'One Last Monsoon' is for all intent and purposes a mixed tape for the Indie music fan; a goodie bag in which the listener is rewarded each time they choose to reach in for something familiar but new.
Tracks from "One Last Monsoon" have already gained airplay in the U.S., U.K., France, Sweden, Australia, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Poland, Austria, Canada, Switzerland, Denmark, and more. After receiving numerous requests to tour internationally, in June of 2012, the Koniac Net transformed from a one-man-project to a 5-piece band.
* The Koniac Net was voted as "Best Original Band, Mumbai 2012" by Converse & Rolling Stone Magazine India.
* They received a 10 out of 10 album review rating by Dublin's (Ireland) U&I Music Magazine: http://issuu.com/uandimusicmagazine/docs/february2013/1 (Page 46).
* Was voted as June's (2012) Artist of the Week by Indie Music Bus, and Band of the Month (May, 2012) by Alternative Addiction.com.
* David Abraham/the Koniac Net was highlighted & featured in New York's Revolution 360 "People That Matter" interview (March, 2013):
* 3 of their songs off the album have been used in Australia's comedy-drama web series FLAT WHITES:
2. "Sexy Girl RE-Interrupted": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzGcfenVzMs
3. "Hero": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkTV-kAH6Sg
* 4 songs were used by Vogue India for their Fashion Week, Delhi:
1. Day 1 coverage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qfP3CbPPe6Y
2. Day 2 coverage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVZK8hWLgK0&feature=channel&list=UL&fb_source=message
3. Day 3 coverage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH8zt3agofk
4. Exclusive Vogue project / film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtW9tkNKhJ0
* In August 2012, the Koniac Net released their debut music video (produced by U.K. Production Company, Karakoori Productions) for their single "This Time Around":