- 1. Too Good 2.51 894 plays
- 2. That's What I Say 3.21 509 plays
- 3. Foo Me 3.36 387 plays
- 4. Do The Right Thing 4.27 325 plays
- 5. Tony's Groove 4.23 469 plays
- 6. Playing The Fool 3.20 275 plays
- 7. Stop! 5.00 288 plays
- 8. Electric Eyes 2.35 233 plays
- 9. For Sure 4.08 210 plays
- 10. It's Alright [feat. Ahmed Remally] 6.03 809 plays
Need a gift for a gifted musician?
The Foo Birds are an Edinburgh-based funk/soul 8-piece formed in September 2011 by students at The University of Edinburgh. Originally members of Edinburgh University Jazz Orchestra, the band have built up a strong Edinburgh fan-base and regularly perform at top venue 'The Jazz Bar'. They recently headlined the after-party for local arts project 'Tinderbox Fest' and have ventured further afield, playing regular gigs at 'The Yardbird Jazz Club', Birmingham, London's 'Blueberry' bar, and a well-received slot at Kelburn Garden Party.
The music of the Foo Birds has an emphasis on strong melody with a retro, soul vibe. The band focus on writing music to dance to and every song is underpinned by quality musicianship, which is indicative of musicians with a jazz background who are each strong players in their own right.
In December 2011, they recorded a five-track EP and are planning to release a full-length album in early 2013. The band are looking to reach a wider audience in 2013 with festival slots and a UK tour planned for the end of May.