- 1. Run Up In Ya House *FREE DOWNLOAD* 4.37 418 plays 140.0 BPM
- 2. Don't Make Me Wait *FREE DOWNLOAD* 5.33 313 plays 140.0 BPM
- 3. Ruckus 1.53 87 plays 137.0 BPM
- 4. Big Trouble 1.29 143 plays
- 5. The Game 1.35 78 plays 140.0 BPM
- 6. Badboy Steppa 1.48 82 plays
- 7. How Can I Put This? 1.39 73 plays 140.0 BPM
- 8. Talk To Me 1.47 156 plays 138.0 BPM
- 9. Known As Jazz 1.44 101 plays 140.0 BPM
- 10. Steel City Grime EP Preview 3.31 137 plays 140.0 BPM
- 11. Phuture Motion feat Rubi Dan; "Shape & Size"; The Colonel's Big N Shapely Remix 0.52 93 plays 130.0 BPM
- 12. Draw Fi Di Big Boy (featuring J.Poet) 1.27 192 plays
- 13. Trousers On 1.32 129 plays
- 14. Heavy Hit 1.30 131 plays
- 15. Don't Watch That 5.41 139 plays 130.0 BPM
Need a gift for a gifted musician?
The SoundCloud Premium accounts also come as virtual gifts and it takes only two minutes to get one. Head over to our Gift page and check out the different Premium accounts starting at only €29 per year.
Born half-man, half angry bassline, The Colonel is the deranged musical alter-ego of not-particularly-mild-mannered Ipswich boy Lucian O’Neill. After a childhood spent twanging instruments; and my teens spent buying records ranging from funk to reggae to jungle and garage and somehow trying to mash them together, at age 18 I happily found myself in Sheffield, the city of the bassline.
In 2005 I set up my military bunker deep inside the seven hills (cleverly disguised as an ordinary terraced house) and began a series of sinister experiments resulting in the creation of my own tunes. The first of these, 2007’s “Ruckus”, became a firm favourite on the local scene, and was featured on Toddla T’s “Ghettoblaster” mixtape. A string of bangers has followed ever since, getting support on 1xtra, Radio 1, KISS FM and on the international club scene. You can hear some of em here.
As one of them southern types, UK garage is spliced into my DNA, but my own music attempts to reflect all my influences – funk, jazz, soul, house, hip-hop, reggae, broken beat, and a dash of good ol knees-up-Muvva-Brown British silliness. Whether or not that comes across, or it actually just sounds like wibbly bass and squelchy noises, what I really want is simply to make you dance. And maybe laugh a bit too. If it doesn’t make you want to do any of that, well, then we’re buggered aren’t we?
I am also a qualified, time-served industrial abseiler. That means that if you want to book me to DJ at your office party, twenty stories up, I will probably be able to do it from the outside of the building, suspended on a rope. And maybe I’ll clean the windows while I'm there. But that'll cost extra.
In addition, I’m an obsessive perfectionist about tea, an enthusiastic (but badly co-ordinated) footballer, a big fan of fancy dress and a veteran party animal. And often a driver of shit, old cars.
The Colonel will personally come and smash your party to bits, should you request this service. Now let's get fucking CRUNK!