Stats for this track
In 1 Set
- 74 Tracks, 19.33.40
Caution: Locals Only
Barring the overseas Punks Jump Up and Van She influences, this mix attempts to expose fairly unexposed South African artists who's music I have a thing for. Petite Noir and St Lucia are far and away the fastest-growing of the lot, both spreading their wings mostly on an international scale. New projects Gateway Drugs (with David from Beach Party) and Diamond Thug (with Chantel from LA.VI) both surprised me with gems in 'Airwaves' and 'Man Who Made The Law', respectively. Battle Beyond The Stars, Yo Grapes (DJ version) and Sassquatch are all DJ's/producers that I love and relate to. Nash Cannon is a bunch of two young leftfield producers to keep an eye on, Vampire9000 is an indie band from Jozi I haven't heard much of, and Desmond & The Tutus remain easily my number 1 band in the country.
As heard on the Saturday Night Fix Show on 5FM on Saturday 3 November 2012.
1. Gateway Drugs - Airwaves
2. Nash Cannon - Butter
3. Petite Noir - Till We Ghosts
4. Battle Beyond the Stars - Memory Metal
5. Desmond & the Tutus - Zim Zala Bim (Yo Grapes Remix)
6. Vampire9000 - Jazzspazz (Sassquatch vs Jaysynth Remix)
7. St. Lucia - September (Punks Jump Up Funhouse Mix)
8. Van She - Jamaica (Battle Beyond the Stars Remix)
9. Diamond Thug - The Man Who Made The Law