- 1. Twobob - Take it to the top Feat Special Kay 7.05 1116 plays 131.0 BPM
- 2. Nistrum & Twobob - In the Heat of the Sun - Feat Special Kay [soon on BRM ELECTRO] 7.52 165 plays 130.0 BPM
- 3. Goldfrappish Strikt Machiney Feat Special Kay - Johnny T & Twobob Collab 6.06 154 plays 131.0 BPM
- 4. "Twobob" Sympathy Feat. Special Kay (Special Kay's Special Master) 7.03 740 plays 127.0 BPM
- 5. 'The Catch' Ft. "Special Kay" (Twobob original unreleased mix) 9.49 784 plays 127.0 BPM
- 6. Strikt Master - Soundcloud meetup day track 6.04 412 plays 128.0 BPM
- 7. Blazing Place Feat. Special Kay (Twobob Leftfield Trace mix) 6.18 416 plays
- 8. Rock Bottom Feat. Special Kay (Hot Dinner Mix) MOODWING & TWOBOB 7.00 661 plays 128.0 BPM
- 9. Everything is backwards (SC Soundbites Competition 2nd Place) 2.59 156 plays 127.0 BPM
- 10. Whole world - Raw Edit 2.00 185 plays
- Download track Go to track "The Always Unprofessional" Heroins [the vocal cut] (Jofster, twobob & Special Kay collab)11. "The Always Unprofessional" Heroins [the vocal cut] (Jofster, twobob & Special Kay collab) 3.19 308 plays 117.1 BPM
- 1. Electronic Beach Feat. Special Kay - One way - Nistrum & Twobob remix 8.16 235 plays
- 2. Rise Feat Special Kay - RISING JAPAN II "Textured Grooves" & "Twobob" Collab 8.38 176 plays 128.0 BPM
- 3. Twobob Feat Special Kay - The Catch (Vocal DubTech mix) [BRMElectro] 5.35 212 plays 127.0 BPM
- 4. Everything is backwards (SC Soundbites Competition 2nd Place) 2.59 156 plays 127.0 BPM
- 5. Super StarGirl Feat. Special Kay (Twobob edit) 6.52 281 plays 127.0 BPM
- 6. "Ryan Pettifer" Wishes Feat. Special Kay (Twobob power edit) TSUNAMI APPEAL EFFORT 4.08 226 plays 120.0 BPM
- Go to track "Textured Grooves" Sweet Sugar Candy Feat. Special Kay (Twobob Pair Drops mix ) [RELEASED 18-03-11]7. "Textured Grooves" Sweet Sugar Candy Feat. Special Kay (Twobob Pair Drops mix ) [RELEASED 18-03-11] 7.40 580 plays
- Go to track Sweet Sugar Candy Feat. "Special Kay" a Textured grooves & **TWOBOB** production [RELEASED 18-03-2011]8. Sweet Sugar Candy Feat. "Special Kay" a Textured grooves & **TWOBOB** production [RELEASED 18-03-2011] 5.40 371 plays
Need a gift for a gifted musician?
Recently have dipped my toes into the singing pool. I've been working with some very nice people on here and have turned out a few collaborations some of which are now signed and due for release.
Okay, narcisistic self trumpet-blowing over ...
Erm, I'm me, you're you. Pleased to meet.
Here comes the blurb:
Seaside-Girl, Born in Markse, Special Kay is an edgy pop singer who always dreamed of being a performing artist even when she still just a little girl on the beach. Suprising perhaps, because Special Kays family were never involved with music and performing but they were punks, goths and rockers so that may explain a little. Having lost her mother and father early, she often wishes they could be around to see her current works consoling herself with the memories of her childhood and knowing they would be proud. Grief has no been no stranger to the life of Special Kay but she cites these unfortunate incidences as giving her an emotional bedrock for her singing.
In her early teenage years, Special Kay followed the Rock, Goth and Pop scenes, copying the vocal parts of James Hetfield, JuliAnne Reagan, Debbie Harry, Axel Rose, Wendy James, Carol Decker and Olivia Newton-John and figured in her schools musical reviews performing vocal recitals, the "coolest" outlet she could find locally for her vocal talents was the school choir and that just wasn't cutting it. Time to ditch the beach.
After finishing high school, Special Kay didn't go to University she focused on pursuing her love of live performance and lived vicariously by attending the performances of Primal Scream, Mettalica, T'Pau, The Wonder Stuff, Beck, Nickelback and large events like the Reading and Leeds festivals. Moving to Leeds and using these performances as her study, she worked towards perfecting the edge to her vocal style. After the luxuries of a nice open beach life, she found it tough living in the cramped, freezing attic room in the city, but it was all worth it to be in a city. She courted several entertainment and casting agencies as a means to realising her potential as a singer but at the time she found accessible facilities and support was tough to come by in the city. It was also in Leeds where she really started to think seriously about her future and decided she wanted to be a professional singer.
How times have changed. She now has the support of many signed performing artists and collaborates with a wide variety of artists bringing her sweet and yet edgy powerful vocals to their tracks and Genres.
Finally, Special Kay posted recordings of her tracks on Soundcloud and got noticed there, she was spotted by Simon Bell who works with the legendary Bruce Ruffin, Simon's the General Manager for major record label Bruce Ruffin Music (Electro) "BRMElectro".
In the winter of 2010, she signed several single deals with BRM and continues to produce quality edgy pieces of danceable acoustic art with Producer "Twobob" an artist of many years, also putting out works through the label. In 2010, she recorded her first single with the producer Twobob. The release of her debut EP will include “The Catch” supported by other works such as "Super StarGirl" and "Sweet Sugar Candy" (a further collaboration with the artist "Textured Grooves"). The exclusive previews of these tracks scored two Number One hits in the Soundcloud HOT charts; with ten of thousands turning out in support. The Sweet Sugar Candy track is out on the 18th March 2011.
Special Kay is not only totally dedicated to singing, she’s also crazy about writing, the environment, art and design and has an edgy approach to fashion. She wears "Irregular choice" shoes and sneakers, John Rocha artic Parka, and loves the outfits by Vivienne Westwood, mixing designer and vintage for her looks.
So look out for Special Kay in 2011 she's recording more singles in the UK and is gathering online momentum.
The Catch EP will be released Online, with confirmation of media types to follow.