Stats for this track
So, changed a buuuunch of stuff.
I redid all sustain patches to legato patches, which sound a lot better. All strings patches have been changed from sustain to bow-change + slur and the notes manually edited to make the slurs occur at the appropriate times.
I EQ'd the instruments, especially those in the higher registers like the violins and trumpets to take them a little warmer. (Edit: I now question this decision. I might change it back.) Timings have been fixed across the board, and several small changes to the parts have happened, with some flutes and English horn harmonies done. Large changes to the expression / modulation data have been done, now that I've figured out that those can be edited directly. (Didn't know that before) The percussion has been beefed up in certain areas and made to align more closely with the rest of the tracks.
I added violas to (almost) all the string parts, and I'm not sure why I didn't in the first place. I love the sound of violas. Added some additional harmonies / stuff for the low brass and flutes to do to fill in some of the dead space. All instruments have been panned a little harder than the PLAY system default - I find that the default stereo image isn't wide enough for my tastes. Overall, I'm a lot happier with this version than I was with the last.
Sounds are: East West Hollywood Strings, Hollywood Brass, Orchestral Woodwinds, and Logic for percussion and pianos. (I own a nicer piano library, but I find that I really like the Logic pianos for this piece. Color me fickle.)
I still kept the last chord, over the (minor) objections of a reviewer. I like it. :) Time to move onto making something of the hundred-and-some-odd-number tune ideas I've recorded into my phone with the Voice Memo app.