Stats for this track
In 23 SetsView all
This week DJ Sol is servin' up this tasty chicken 'n waffles RIPEcast. Bon appetit!
1. Fire On The Bayou (Jayl Funk Edit) - The Meters
2. Soul Francisco (V soul boogie edit) - Johnny's Toe Black
3.Gator Bait (DJ Yamin Remix) - The Gaturs
4. Funk'n Outta Bounds (Solsound Edit) - Lakeshore Drive
5. Don't Lose Your Groove - Warson
6. Stylin (Solsound No P-Funk Edit) - Ellboss
7. Real Funk - Father Funk
8. Drop It Anyway You Wanna - Funk Ferret
9. Keep On Bumpin' - Jayl Funk
10. Looking For Somebody - Chudy
11. Get On Down (Solsound Edit) - Jayl Funk
12. See You Soon (B-Side remix) - Chudy
13. Papa Grande - Bobby C & Sound TV
14. Figure It Out - Slynk & SkiiTour
15. Bam! - The Captain
DJ Sol comes from a background spanning 3 generations of musicians, so the music is definitely in his blood. Growing up in Los Angeles in the late 70s and early 80s, Sol found inspiration in the newly-emerging hip-hop sound of that era (e.g. Kurtis Blow, Grandmaster Flash and Afrika Bambaataa) - a style that became the impetus for a DJ career that now spans three decades. He first started DJing small parties in the late 80s but eventually relocated to San Francisco in the early 90’s to get involved the emerging underground house and breakbeat music scene. At this point he began aggressively pushing his DJ'ing career and by 1998 he was playing at many of the biggest clubs and underground parties in San Francisco.
The style of music he spins is an eclectic combination of House, Breaks, Hip-Hop, Mash-up's & NuFunk. He's shared billings with notable DJ’s such as Mark Farina, Miguel Migs, Andy Caldwell, Jeno, Derrick Carter, Stanton Warriors and Plump DJs to name a few. He recently just finished a 10 year run of the popular bi-monthly party VIVID in San Francisco and is also a member of the Space Cowboys playing their biggest events including Burning Man, Halloween’s Ghost Ship party on Treasure Island and the infamous SF New Years Day party Breakfast of Champions.
For more information on Sol visit Solsound.