- 1. SmookyDJ - Bee Ba Bomb 4.20 676 plays
- 2. SmookyDJ - Boom Goes The Carousel 4.37 3124 plays
- 3. SmookyDJ - Palm Swings 2.43 239 plays
- 4. SmookyDJ - Funk This And That 2.30 244 plays
- 5. SmookyDJ - Dirty Jazz 5.58 319 plays
- 6. SmookyDJ - Smack Me 4.05 150 plays
- 7. SmookyDJ - Mondo Swirl 4.51 251 plays
- 8. SmookyDJ - Disco Wah 4.09 297 plays
- 9. SmookyDJ - Monsters 3.56 172 plays
- 10. SmookyDJ - Hopscotch 5.21 282 plays
- 11. SmookyDJ - She Came From the Sea 4.09 711 plays
SmookyDJ is a producer and DJ, combining a blend of funk, soul, beats, house, swing, big band, jazz, latin beats, hip-hop and whatever else takes his fancy. Check out the mixes and download at your pleasure. He also produces the Dirty jazz and Bikini Beats labels. Much more in the pipeline covering multiple genres so watch this space...
Behind him is a DJ career spanning 20 years now, starting off with acid house, then moving onto a eclectic blend of funk, soul, jazz, latin, swing, breaks and boogaloo. With a serious love of all things groovy, plus a big thing for 60s/70s groovy sexploitation soundtracks, you can never be quite sure what will come next.A devoted vinyl hunter and collector and much prefers DJ'ing solely with vinyl, but has also embraced technology with a nice blend of control vinyl, Ableton, MacBook Pro and an iPad :) A self-confessed lazy sod for not recording more mixes and posting up as he prefers fooling around and experimenting. Always just going with the flow when playing out and says "My set is never rehearsed, it just 'happens' and always seems to work. When you've played week in week out for years, you pick up the vibe pretty sharpish and know exactly where to go". For bookings contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Production-wise, he's been an established musician for a good few years now but mainly for tv/film production, along with funky numbers to include in his DJ sets. The whole shebang is now starting to come out of the woodwork now though into the big wide world so exciting times ahead :) Under various guises, he is currently signed up with production company Lift Music and Poke. So far, music has appeared on all sorts of productions around the world from South America to Asia to Australia.
In his words, "Wherever the musical journey takes me, the closest thing to my heart will always be the music that makes my feet shuffle or my spine tingle..."