- Go to track Sir Vinyl Instinct - Fruit Fly (forthcoming with remixes from Saytek, Abe, Yunome & Peza)1. Sir Vinyl Instinct - Fruit Fly (forthcoming with remixes from Saytek, Abe, Yunome & Peza) 5.25 48 plays
- 2. ITCHY030 Sir Vinyl Instinct - Growing History (inc Moodymanc Remix) (Out now on Vinyl) 5.20 433 plays
- Download track Go to track Daft Punk - Da Funk (Sir Vinyl Instincts trance attack) ***January download only***1. Daft Punk - Da Funk (Sir Vinyl Instincts trance attack) ***January download only*** 8.37 833 plays
- 2. Caribou - Sun (Tampered with by Sir Vinyl Instinct) Free Download 6.24 371 plays
- 3. Tata vega - get it up - (Sir Vinyl Instint's edit) 8.16 2264 plays
- 4. Valentine Brothers - Moneys too tight to mention (Sir Vinyls edit) 7.00 1332 plays
- 5. MKL - Her Song (Sir Vinyls progaganda edit) 7.39 551 plays 123.0 BPM
- 6. Archie Bell - Strategy (Sir Vinyls extended portrayal) 8.14 577 plays
- 7. Stanley Clarke - Wild Dog (Sir Vinyl Instincts Dub Funk) 5.34 656 plays
- 8. Captin sensible - wot (Sir Vinyl Instincts extend) 5.44 1561 plays 100.0 BPM
- 1. Sir Vinyl Instinct - Message for Bleep / A guest mix for Future Music 1.05.55 474 plays
- Download track Go to track Sir Vinyl Instinct - Guest Mix for Black Alley's In Control radio show (Push FM)2. Sir Vinyl Instinct - Guest Mix for Black Alley's In Control radio show (Push FM) 59.36 115 plays
- 3. Sir Vinyl Instinct - Guest mix for Pseudo 54 1.01.30 1117 plays
- 4. Sir Vinyl Insytinct - Dedicated to www.UrbanSoul.ru 56.14 366 plays
Forthcoming releases of 2013:
Sir Vinyl Instinct - Fruit Fly Fiasco
12" forthcoming spring 2013
remixes include Saytek, Abe & Peza
Black Alley - Always Something
12" out spring 2013
James Johnston & Sir Vinyl Instinct remixes
Sir Vinyl Instinct - Face Value
12" out Spring 2013
Remixes include Ilya Santana, Trap Of Mind & Chris Massey
Rubberlips - New Horizons
12" out summer 2013
Remixes include Toby Tobias, Sir Vinyl Instinct & TruSelf (AtJazz Records)
Sir Vinyl Instinct - Obtuse Angle Theory
12" out Summer 2013
Remixes include Michael McLardy
Sir Vinyl Instinct - Temp(o)ral Lobe
12" planned late 2013
Remixes include Last Waltz
Bookings for 2013
9th Feb 2013
@ Dirty Little Secret
Party For The People
14th Feb 2013 @ The Harley
including Prosumer and Growmore
Collect! Sheffield March 9th - March with Pig (Soma / Cocoon Recordings), Detroit Grand Pubahs (poker flat/bulletdodge), Gareth Whitehead(bulletdodge) - http://www.facebook.com/events/273367276127602/
Hold It Down in Manchester 16th - Sir Vinyl Instinct showcase - http://www.facebook.com/events/343563369091235/
Hagglers Corner - 23rd March - Full line-up to follow.
Delve Deeper - Sheffield - 31st March - Line-up to be announced shortly
Collect! Sheffield - 14th April - warming up for Andrew Weatherall vs Ivan Smagghe. Other acts include Daniel Avery, The Revenge, Michael McLardy and more to be announced - http://www.facebook.com/events/164654630351317/
Unknown festival, Croatia - September 8th - Massive line-up - http://www.facebook.com/events/416917175061530/?fref=ts
DJ, Producer, label / studio owner, and all round music fanatic. My love of music stems from my parents only way to keeping me quiet, by letting me near the record player.I remember the quality of the Pioneer headphones my old man used to have for his ‘special’ use.Watching the centre image of the vinyl rotating, the feeling you got from staring into the hypnotic dark grooves on the vinyl.This would always keep me entertained”.It was from here on in, 5 or 6 years old, music was the only thing that mattered.That and the odd game of knock-a-door run maybe from time to time. My folks seemed to have a vast collection of vinyl.Many styles, 7s, 12s, and even a few 10s and dubplates were also in there.I later found out that this was only a small selection as he had the bulk sold by his sister while he was away once – what a cunt.I often think of what else was in that collection.
At the age of around 6 or so, I found my old man’s tape splicer and started messing around cutting up tapes.I don’t think he could ever work out where his cassettes were going. I started making tapes as if they were radio shows. If only I still had some of them tapes –they’d be hilarious.
One Christmas, I got an Amiga console off my folks. Mainly out of jealousy I might add, as my sister got one a few months before. My old man would always bring me home copied games and programs, but I was only ever fascinated by the music programs he managed to find. That and plugging in the mouse in the joystick slot while playing Olympic Games – those little buggers would run fast when you did that.I can even recall a few classics that are still remembered today (some Coldcut and some old rave tunes.You could rearrange them and make your own versions of them.I was generally fascinated for hours on end with this.
When I left school, a good friend of mine bought a set of decks (well, they were Citronic, but to us, these were now our life).At any possible chance, we would meet up and have a mix. I’m still like this today.I never lost that passion.The feeling that I get from music is astounding to me.
Since then, I have held many residencies up and down the country. My styles have changed since I first got my decks. I have never really been genre specific.I like discovering what’s out there.I have always been a fan of digging.When I DJ out, it has to have an addictive groove.A tune has to leave you standing there in awe, never wanting it to finish.Then along comes the next.I want my sets to tell a story. There is so much more than just playing records.You have to grasp how people are feeling. Somehow connect everyone in that room. It’s such a good feeling having everyone there hold the same emotion of joy, while the beats forces you move.
I also run a record label called Itchy Pig Records. I used to do the odd edits here and there however I make primarily original material and remixes. My set has to have twists and turns. It’s selfish I know, but I play how I would like to hear it be played. Luckily for me, people seem to enjoy my style throughout. For that, I can only be grateful that there are many enthusiasts out there.
So there you have it.The story so far.I hope you enjoy my stuff.