- 1. Clouds Across The Moon (Napoleon Remix) 5.44 2414 plays
- 2. Saalim - What You Say (Napoleon Remix) 5.36 2399 plays
- 3. Nyteowl - City Attitude (Napoleon Remix) 5.33 1726 plays
- 4. Nyteowl - Amour de Ville (Napoleon Remix) 5.09 1517 plays
- 5. Ralph Myerz - Something New (Napoleon remix) PREVIEW 3.34 1221 plays 123.0 BPM
- 6. Crazy P - Is it ever enough (Lenny Annex Remix) 6.30 3019 plays
- 7. Evi Vine - For You (Napoleon Remix) SHORTENED_PREVIEW 4.11 1417 plays
- 8. David Ortolà - Mariposas (Napoleon's Piña Remix) SHORTENED PREVIEW 7.11 1182 plays
- 1. Feelgood 4.41 1929 plays
- 2. Crazy P - Is it ever enough (Lenny Annex Remix) 6.30 3019 plays
- 3. David Lynch - Good Day Today (LoScore Remix) 6.18 1262 plays
- 4. Chic V Madonna - Get into the times (Napoleon's Mash-up) 4.48 2002 plays
- 5. So high (rough mix) 5.14 1402 plays
- 6. Leavin Me - Millsy Remix 4.27 1500 plays
- 1. July 2012 Disco Tape ...free download :^) 53.33 1286 plays
- 2. June 2012 Chilled Tape ...free download :^) 1.02.38 1620 plays
- 3. 'A Stocking Full Of Bent' - Millsy's Xmas Mix 1.12.08 2071 plays
- 4. Start the weekend, start the summer! DJ set 1.07.02 1646 plays
- 5. DJ Set - Jan 2010 (House etc) 52.59 1123 plays
- 6. DJ Set - Jan 2010 55.24 1434 plays
- 7. House Tape - July 2012 ...free download :^) 1.05.11 1265 plays
- 8. Chilled Tape - October 2012 ...Free Download :^) 1.11.07 1823 plays
- 1. '1973, 1975' (lower quality bitrate) 4.01 4335 plays
- 2. 'Jazz Steps' (lower quality bitrate) 6.26 2714 plays
- 3. "All My Being" - Napoleon 1.05 2089 plays
- 4. 'Lament' (lower quality bitrate) 5.00 4315 plays
- 5. 'The Only Life' (lower quality bitrate) 4.32 2137 plays
- 6. 'The Music' 5.03 1738 plays
- 7. Big Bam Boom 3.38 1572 plays
- Official Website
- Napoleon on Facebook
- Bent on Soundcloud
- Bent on Facebook
In the early 1800s Napoleon marched across Europe. A couple of hundred years later a different Napoleon traversed from Nottingham to Ireland and set about a very different type of mission.
Far from a crusading conqueror the modern day Napoleon in question is Simon Mills, a man who spent the majority of the first 00s decade as the diminutive (and occasionally colourfully coiffured) half of Bent. Mills built up a musical portfolio that graced everywhere from Eastenders’ Queen Vic to the Acropolis in Athens and featured cameos from members of Faithless, Simian and The Beloved, not to mention a multitude of revived songstresses from crackly charity shop records.
Now marching out alone under his new Napoleon moniker, Mills’ new sound is more akin to the world of bleep driven club of Manhattan rather than the rural trappings of the Irish coast.
As Bent’s own sound developed from much lauded down-tempo artists to their final swan vitriolic sonic bow, ‘Intercept!’, so too did Mills’ personal DJ style. While his earlier outings on the decks reflected his diverse taste in music and penchant for late 70s and 80s nuggets, his focus begun to fix on a slew of disco-inspired house records from the likes of Daniel Wang and Metro Area – from these foundations the blueprint for Napoleon started to emerge.
While the gurgling warped opening of ‘Destiny’ hints of possible twisted music box folk, its follower ‘1973, 1975’ sparks the affair into life with a sparky canon of bleeps and beats. Elsewhere balearic siren song breezes through on ‘Love of a lifetime’ and a cheeky mash-up of 1930s swing and juicy early house morphs together in ‘Jazz Steps’.
He came, he saw, he conquered.