- Promo Mix Radio Schizoid 2012-09-06 mixed by sG4rY Artwork sG4rY on September 06, 2012 23:18
Need a gift for a gifted musician?
sG4rY is Gerhard from upper Bavaria, currently residing in Munich where he studies Visual Anthropology, Environmental Studies and Journalism.
He is active as:
Label DJ for
"Sangoma Records" (South Africa) http://www.sangomarecords.com/sgary
"Purple Hexagon Records" (Italy/Indonesia) http://www.purplehexagonrecords.com/
"Indali Records" (India) https://www.facebook.com/Indalisounds
Resident DJ at
VA - Brotherys Balderdash (Purple Hexagon Records) compiled by Merry & sG4rY http://www.beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.aspx?id=6739
VA - Multi-Faith Mantra (Sangoma Records) compiled by sG4rY
BrOth3rYs (Merry:) vs sG4rY) - Psytrance https://www.facebook.com/brotherys
Los Curanderos (Dsompa vs sG4rY) - Chill/Downbeat/Dubstep/Glitch/IDM https://www.facebook.com/pages/Los-Curanderos/287457017937574
sG4rY is best characterized as an upcoming DJ with a heavy itchy feet syndrome. Not being caught in one style or direction, he is constantly trying to discover and fuse different varieties of psychedelic music with the aim of overcoming musical boundaries that had been created in people's minds due to the musical fragmentation happening nowadays in the Psychedelic Trance Movement. Creating a journey sui generis for his listeners is his biggest aspiration. Psychedelic Trance has to be be approached from different angles, using the many colourful vibrations it offers. Nighttime Psy with a darkish but never evil touch as well as Morning and Daytime music with deep melodies and hypnotic atmospheres are equally deployed in sG4rY's sets which are always defined by a high level of production quality, attentive mixing and the sensitivity for set and setting of the dancefloor. Furthermore, sG4rY incorporates a wide range of elements such as tribal atmospheres, crispy synths and a few well placed samples, creating a unique atmosphere in any case which strongly depends on the time he plays and on the mood of his audience. He loves that special energy during sunrise and sunset on the dancefloor and tries to use it for involving the crowd into a flow of certain feelings and sensations, sometimes humorous, sometimes gloomy or filled with deep emotions. Being a musicfreak searching for the extraordinary, he is also into Minimal Techno as well as IDM and psychedelic Chillout, which may send you back in time and space starting from todays Chillout, Ambient and Breakbeat sounds across the wild 60ies back to the empires of the Moguls in India or the Shamans in the Amazonas...
Although he is spinning publicly since early 2009 only, his unlimited lust for travelling and the encounter with new psyconauts already led him to rock dancefloors on Parties around Austria, Cambodia, Czech Republic, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lithuania, Malaysia, Nepal, Russia, South Africa, Switzerland, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey and the Netherlands and there are more to come ;)
Some of the gigs I enjoyed big time:
* Antaris Project (vs Merry as Brotherys) (Germany, 2012) *
* Beartrap presents Celestial Beings 2 (Cape Town/South Africa, 2011) *
* Earthdance (Amsterdam/Netherlands 2011)
* Frühlingszaubertraum (Berlin/Germany, 2011) *
* Funny Moon Festival (Czech Republic, 2010) *
* Gaggalacka Open Air (Germany, 2009, 2010 & 2011) *
* Hilltop New Years Eve (Goa/India - 2012/2013)
* PakaWala Festival (Turkey, 2011) *
* Psylloween (Germany, 2009 - 2012) *
* Solstice Festival (Amsterdam/Netherlands, 2009) *
* The Dark Drop (Switzerland, 2011) *
* Trimurti Festival (Russia, 2012) *
* Tswaing Crater Gathering (South Africa, 2011) *
* Universal Religion (Nepal, 2013) *
* Yaga the Ring (Lithuania, 2012)*
feel free to contact me at...