More sets by Schubert (Fallen) (7)
Following hot on the heels of SHDWPLAY's latest instalment for SCI+TEC comes a debut from another stateside talent, Schubert. Whilst no relation of the famous Austrian composer, Ron Schubert is a modern electronic maestro.
In a relatively short period, Schubert has balanced the roles of a capable producer and manager of Reverse Replay, which currently supports the catalogues of Black Swan Recordings and Aurora Music. The Temporal EP elaborates further on the stylistic footprint set by 'Cubist.'
With a busy year ahead, one that will see the release of his debut artist album, Schubert readies the debut for SCI+TEC. A four-track selection that features the minimal bassy grooves of "Nonlinear Systems" and "Timing Indifference," alongside the dark driving numbers, "Late Departure" and "Graphite."
Abbreviated Feedback //
Kaiserdisco - "This is a Massive release! Everything will work for us here. Full support!"
Tassilo (Pan-Pot) - "Nice slabs of techno from Schubert, will play them all I think.”
Stuart McMillan - (Slam) - "These are all… BOMBS!! Really good release.”
Pig (Pig&Dan) - "Really nice fat grooves throughout the ep.. Non Linear Systems is awesome!"
Carlo Lio - "Very nice release from Schubert!! Late Departure is the one.. full support!"
Davide Squillace - "This is 100% SCI+TEC. Sounds sweet!"
Dan - (Pig&Dan) - "Cant wait to drop this bomb release!!! Thanks for these!! Great package!"
Stephan Bodzin – “Timing Indifference is good for me. Nonlinear Systems is huge too! Full play from me for sure!”
Gregor Tresher – “Late Departure is the strongest for me, but they’re all pretty cool overall!”
The Junkies – “Great 4 tracker ep! "Nonlinear Systems" & "Late Departure" are our fav's! Definite play here!”
Electric Rescue - "Another nice release, my fav are Nonlinear and Graphite, but others are good too. Thanks."
Raul Boesel - "I like Late Departure very much!! Great ep!"
The Dolphins - "Late Departure is… SUPER!!"
Taugher - (SHDWPLAY) - "Schubert rocking! Loving all 4 but 'Timing Indifference' steals the pack for me."
Basti - (Tiefschwarz) - "Graphite sounds like it could be nice one for me to use. Gonna test it out!"
Macromism - "Great ep! My favourite is Late Departure, a mix of strong and dirty sounds, thanks!"
MiniCoolBoyz - "Bomb Release again from SCI+TEC!! Full Support on all of course from MCB!"
Bryan Brack - "I like Nonlinear Systems...good job my friend! Will be playing! Full support."
Francesco Bergomi - "Excellent ep from Schubert!! What a great set of tracks!! Love all 4 of them. Couldn't ask for a better package. Thank you very much for the music ☺”
Nick Bax - "Nonlinear Systems.., LOVE IT!!!! ☺ 5/5!"
Philipp Straub / Felipe - "Great tracks and a solid release! Nonlinear Systems is my fave. Support!"
1. Q: What has been the overall reaction to your previous releases?
1. A: I’ve been producing and writing music for some time and the reactions towards each release have been different. Some tracks have been well received on the dance floor and by DJs that I really respect, while others I feel are more suited for other contexts. My work over the past 24 months and previous production on the Formula 2 EP have been a step towards the atmosphere that I envision creating with my live sets.
2. Q: How has your sound progressed, if at all, from your previous releases?
2. A: Overall, I’ve worked in a natural way and never really attempted taking on any projects with too much direction. My interests have constantly changed, which is reflected directly in my output. I think The Temporal EP is an extension to Cubist, the work that I was doing around that time, and the Asymmetry EP. Through a lot of trial and error, I arrived with an overall aesthetic that, for the moment, captures many of the things that I’m currently inspired by.
3. Q: Has it been easy or difficult to firmly establish your career and make a lasting musical statement?
3. A: I’m only at the beginning of my career and not at all established by any measure. I have been very fortunate to work with great people through Black Swan and inspiring labels like SCI+TEC, which have helped me to express ideas organically without restraint. My hope is to continually work on forward thinking projects that can translate in an honest way to a broader audience in the future.
Release/catalogue number: TEC063
Release date: May 17, 2012