- 1. Amsterdam 2.51 20 plays
- 2. "Ring of Fire" band rehearsal 2.37 163 plays
- 3. "Chocolate Jesus" cover band rehearsal 3.32 108 plays
- 4. Old Fashioned Morphine - duo rehearsal 2.59 160 plays
- 5. "Going Up The Country" duo rehearsal 2.58 120 plays
- 6. "Big Bad Handsome Man" duo rehearsal 2.16 99 plays
- 7. "der Havana Song" duo rehearsal 1.33 694 plays
- 8. "Speak Low" by Kurt Weill & Ogden Nash 1943 4.32 286 plays
Need a gift for a gifted musician?
- BandCamp Buy Albums!
New York born actress/singer Saudia Young and her Berlin based band play a Swing Cabaret mixture of jazz, blues and dark rock & roll, with original songs and hot covers of: Louie Prima, Nina Simone, Tom Waits and other swingers from the 20s to the present. Saudia`s sultry voice, dark tales and the excellent musicianship of the band, are gaining the group growing support. Saudia Young- VOX/song writing, Dirk Schmigotzki-contra bass, Florian von Frieling - guitar and Henry Grant - Drums.
Saudia Young studied acting with Wynn Handman, and dance at the Joffrey Ballet School and the Alvin Ailey American Dance theatre in New York.
Young first arrived in Berlin in 2006 and landed the lead voice over acting role of Oskar, in School for Vampires (English version of cartoon series Die Schule der kleinen Vampire from Hahn Film).
Young created and co-produced the theatre series "Lost Cabaret" with Daniel Mahlheur and co-created the theatre company: Schwarze Liste Kabarett with Anders Kamp.
Young has performed as a vocalist with: The Beez, Berlin Sling, Elyas Khan, Jasper James, Kim Boekbinder, Mamie Minch, Some of the 17 Hippies, Sxip Shirey, Plan B, Mactractor and The Depressionaires.
Now based in Berlin Young has recorded two EPs: Artboy Love 2007 & Saudia Young 2013.