- 1. Black Dog 3.43 609 plays
- 2. Rope Has Bound The Shadows Down 5.15 144 plays
- 3. Silently 4.44 194 plays
- 4. Starlight in Your Afternoon 5.38 203 plays
- 5. Place to Be 4.41 60 plays
- 6. Brother Jon 4.45 63 plays
- 7. The Truth In Your Eyes 3.21 55 plays
- 8. Swimming Against the Tide 4.41 59 plays
- 9. Begone Dull Care 2.37 406 plays
- 10. And When the Rose 4.57 453 plays
Need a gift for a gifted musician?
Samson & Delilah are a dynamic 5 piece Australian/British folk-pop group based in Manchester, led by the songwriting partnership of husband and wife Sam Lench and Anna Zweck. Having played as a duo and in several bands within Manchester’s burgeoning nu-folk scene, Sam and Anna joined forces with Michael Doward (Double Bass), Tom Rydeard (Drums) and Tammy Hermann (Flute, Piano, Accordion). Their self-titled debut album (2009) led to airplay on 6 Music, shows at several UK festivals, and a nomination for Best Debut Album by Spiral Earth.
The band’s second album ‘And Straight On Till Morning’ is an innovative record of chamber folk with ‘melodies as sturdy as great hymns’ (The Guardian). Recorded in a Victorian concert hall, the album captures the band’s strength in live performance, totally at ease with each other and their songs. The album has been featured extensively on Gideon Coe’s 6 Music show, as well as on Mike Harding’s BBC Radio 2 show. Supports have included Horse Feathers, Arbouretum, Cherry Ghost, 3 Daft Monkeys and Mick Turner (Dirty Three).