- 1. YMF Freestyle 1.23 265 plays
- 2. J.I.B "Q" Freestyle (Jacking Industry Beats) 1.07 250 plays
- 3. RIch Kid Q "THAT WAY" FREESTYLE 2.31 266 plays
- 4. Rich Kid Sound System -Somebody That I Used To Know Remix 3.33 4672 plays
- 5. Q Freestyle Synthetic Love 1.00 965 plays
No Cheers for Pioneers- RICH KID SOUND SYSTEM DEBUT LP 10 tracks, 41.26 Rich Kid Sound System on December 09, 2011 01:18
- Download track Go to track SONNET 271. SONNET 27 4.20 3021 plays
- Download track Go to track HEY! YOUNG GIRL!2. HEY! YOUNG GIRL! 3.36 6211 plays
- Download track Go to track NOT FAR FROM HOME3. NOT FAR FROM HOME 3.51 6251 plays 84.2 BPM
- Download track Go to track TALK ABOUT US4. TALK ABOUT US 3.58 5436 plays
- 5. WHY DON'T THEY DANCE 5.14 202 plays
- Download track Go to track I WANT IT ALL6. I WANT IT ALL 4.17 1962 plays
- Download track Go to track A LITTLE BIT OF TIME7. A LITTLE BIT OF TIME 4.41 5418 plays 122.0 BPM
- Download track Go to track GET WHAT YOU GIVE8. GET WHAT YOU GIVE 3.41 7520 plays 135.0 BPM
- 9. NO CHEERS FOR PIONEERS 5.11 89 plays
- 10. SAY IT AN'T SEW 2.33 1871 plays
Need a gift for a gifted musician?
The SoundCloud Premium accounts also come as virtual gifts and it takes only two minutes to get one. Head over to our Gift page and check out the different Premium accounts starting at only €29 per year.
Started in mid-2010, Rich Kid Sound System (RKSS) is “not quite 100 percent hip-hop, yet not quite 100 percent rock.” Their sound is a harmonious mash-up of Emceeing and Indie Rock with a dash of Top-40 appeal. “Catchy hooks, killer melodies, and a hip-hop tie, along with a different sound, has positioned RKSS as THE group to watch for” says the305.com, who named Rich Kid Sound System as "2011 Breakout Artists of the Year.”
The Rapper / Producer duo of Q & W0LFC0AT (Leo) have made “RKSS a hit-making force to be reckoned with,” according to Confusion of PigeonAndPlanes.com (Voted #2 ‘Best Blog’ by fellow Bloggers).
Having been immersed in the melting pot of South Florida’s culture for many years, Rich Kid Sound System’s members immediately identified with the need to make music that the audience could dance to and interact with. “So many people come in and out of South Florida - everyone is from somewhere else” says Q. “People in Miami enjoy sunny days, warm weather all year long, music, and dancing. We wanted to make music that combined all of those elements.”
RKSS has numerous musical influences ranging from: the Beach Boys, the Beatles, Lykke Li, MGMT, and Justice, just to name a few.
Although the newly emerging sound may be in its infancy, the talent is not. After working with radio mainstays that include Pitbull, Flo-Rida, Lupe Fiasco, and multi-platinum producers such as Tony “CD” Kelly, and Jim Jonsin, the founding members Q and Leo found themselves at a crossroad. “We were coming up with concepts for songs… musically and lyrically… that did not fit into what A&R’s needed. But they loved the songs, so we figured we would just take those songs and make our own project” says Leo, about the creative restraints from major labels. Fed up with the commercial bureaucracy, the production and song-writing duo decided to collaborate on a project of their own, and Rich Kid Sound System became alive.
For live shows, RKSS adds a full band including: Shawn Hagood - Drums; Freezy - Bassist; W0LFC0AT - Guitar/Keys. The band ensures that RKSS amplifies the energy and dynamics of the recorded music.