- Download track Go to track Reji/rayG - Opening set for Jazzsteppa (London,Berlin) at Bonobo - Nov 23rd 20121. Reji/rayG - Opening set for Jazzsteppa (London,Berlin) at Bonobo - Nov 23rd 2012 1.43.09 270 plays
- Download track Go to track Reji/rayG - Live - Bacardi NH7 Weekender pre-party @ Cool Chef Cafe - Oct 20th 20122. Reji/rayG - Live - Bacardi NH7 Weekender pre-party @ Cool Chef Cafe - Oct 20th 2012 1.11.29 256 plays
- 3. rayG - Opening set for Bandish Projekt at Bonobo - Aug 18th '12 1.11.39 356 plays
- 4. Michael Franti Vs. Bob Marley - Ganja Shining (rayG mashup) 6.10 1515 plays 70.0 BPM
- 5. rayG - Can't I Loop 8.27 200 plays
- 1. Reji - Opening set for Khainz @ 1 Lounge (Pune) - Sept 12th 2010 1.27.33 847 plays
- 2. Reji - 2005 progressive house mix 1.07.45 428 plays
- Download track Go to track Reji - Everything begins with an E (June 2009)3. Reji - Everything begins with an E (June 2009) 58.38 620 plays
Need a gift for a gifted musician?
Reji Ravindran (a.k.a rayG) has a musical experience which has spanned for nearly 15 years now. Born in Mumbai, Reji was bitten by the music bug during the mid-90s. After collecting loads of music cassettes, CDs & vinyl in his youth, in 1998 he decided to give DJing a shot by learning from veteran DJ, Jo Azaredo. Since that year, there has been no stopping for this multifaceted wizard as Reji is currently one of the most prolific names in Mumbai's booming alternative & electronic music scene.
For the longest time in his career, Reji has been recognized as an educator within the music fraternity. After understanding India's unique music scene in the early 2000s, the DJ professor designed & implemented his own syllabus at some of the best DJ schools in the city; training more than 500 men & women in the art of DJing, turntablism & music production. By putting his mouth where the money is, Reji has been a successful battle DJ by winning the DMC Champion (Pune - 2000), Times War of the DJs winner (Mumbai - 2007) & Kingfisher Ultra DJ (2010) titles through the years. Reji was the first ever turntablist in an Indian nu-age metal band called Scag and also the brains behind India's earliest hip hop collective called "itch". In December 2008, world renowned travel magazine, Time Out Mumbai, mentioned him as “one of Mumbai's most influential DJs" in its cover article. Reji has also been promoting fresh talent & sounds through his DIY One Sunday nights (2008-2009) & through his current role as a label DJ/promoter/talent scout for Air Snare Records.
rayG is an alternative side project (read alter ego) of Reji Ravindran. Under this moniker he is known for dishing out a whole different spectrum of music where he fuses his turntablism skills with eclectic beats & breaks (irrespective to tempos, genres & styles). His vast knowledge & interesting music selections have got him gig bookings within India's elite music, art & fashion circles. This also helped him clinch residencies at Zenzi & Bonobo . By always keeping an emphasis on quality music with longer shelf life (minus short term crass commercial appeal), you can always expect Reji to dish out an unpredictable blend of indie, reggae, rock, dub, dance hall, funk, soul, breaks, disco, baltimore, classic house/prog house/tribal house/techno, hip hop, electro, drum n bass/jungle, swing, retro, dub step, mash ups & much more....