Stats for this track
In 10 Sets
- 81 Tracks, 35.52.07
- 1 Track, 1.00.49
- 26 Tracks, 23.56.19
- 24 Tracks, 21.56.18
In 7 Groups
- User Image
Dubstep Heaven Dubstep Group by Southbound.
- User Image
Bass Songs that need subwoofers to really appreciate.
- User Image
Electronic Dance Music Area "Music is the answer to your problems" - Danny Tenaglia
- User Image
Dark Electronic Dance Music Chamber of Dark & Sinister Music. Please consider your contribution !
- User Image
Dirty Bass Dark, Dirty, Grime y, or Aggressive bass music. That is what we are after. :)
More tracks by Reid Speed
originally posted at : http://www.jaimeledubstep.com/archives/6330
Alright, time to get back to action! After a week or some without internet and an office move we’re back online and ready to unleash this killer mix from none other then the current North American queen of Dubstep, the beautiful Reid Speed delivers JLD #150 !!
Now if you haven’t heard of Reid Speed or of her bigger then life labels Play Me Records and Play Me Too you’ve must of literally skipped over 2011. They are so big that I won’t even say anything more about them. I’ll let you guys discover for yourselves… You can’t miss’em. We’ll soon have an interview with Reid in the next coming days, so you guys can get to know her a little more. Until then you can read up on the bio down below.
Enjoy the mix…. it was well worth a week without a podcast mix.
(Big up Reid, your wicked!)
1. Tanka- LesGo (Hot & Heavy)
2. Kastle- I Know
3. Benny Page- Tempo (High Culture)
4. MJ Cole- Sincere (Nero Remix) (Prolific)
5. Nostalgia feat Aami- Say
6. The Bolivian Marching Affair- The Transporter (Play Me)
7. Kimia- Is This Love (Metaphase Remix feat. Splitbreed)
8. Addergrbroed- Science (Tsunami Audio)
9. Dirty Talk & Boy Kid Cloud feat. Messinian- Unruly (Play Me Too)
10. Addergrbroed- Fragile Hearts (Mechanoid Audio)
11. Cyberoptics & D-Jahsta- TX-55 (Play Me)
12, Dirt Monkey- Chicken Leg Riddem
13. Natty Bang- Shockproof (Smashed Beatz)
14. Bassist & Triage- Fat Sack (Play Me)
15. Liquid Stranger- Snap Crackle and Pop
16. Addergrbroed- Don’t Panic (Bovinyl Moosick)
17. Eptic- Jealousy (Chronos)
18. Dark Elixir- Retro Rejects
19. KTheory- I Feel You (Muffler Remix) (Dim Mak)
20. Kutz- Superman (Wheel and Deal)
21. Tyler Blue- Statement (Manufactured Music)
22. Kill The Noise- Kill The Noise Pt. 1 (OWSLA)
23. Adam Freeland- We Want Your Soul (Bassist & Triage Remix)
24. Playma- Destroy
25. Modestep- To The Stars (Break The Noise & Autobots Remix)
26. Steve Aoki & Rivers Cuomo- Earthquakey People (Alvin Risk Remix) (Dim Mak)
27. Denoiserzs- The Sun (Elektroskok Records)
28. Knife Party- Tourniquet
29. Zed’s Dead- Ruckus The Jam (Dim Mak)
30. Troublegum- Grain Damage (Play Me Too)
31. Duck Sauce- Barbra Windsor (Senseproof Dubstep Mix) (Hot Cakes)
32. Skit- Calling (Coalition Audio)
33. Shockone- Relapse feat. Sam Nafie (Viper)
34. Oiki- Get It Now
35. Kezwik- Gravity (Simplify)
36. Subfocus- Falling Down
37. Kill The Noise feat. Ultraviolet Sound & Emily Hudson- Dying (OWSLA)
Reid Speed has been a dancefloor destroyer for over a decade and is recognized worldwide for her skillful ability to throw down all genres of bass music in transcendental manner. Since 2001 she has released a consistent stream of well received mix compilations and a slew of well charting original and group productions and remixes of many genres: drum & bass, 2 step, breaks, fidget house, electro, dubstep and even moombahcore. She is now most known for helming the Play Me Records and Play Me Too brands. 2011 saw her produce and co-headline the US portion of the groundbreaking Play Me Records Bass Monster Tour with FS & Cyberoptics, which received a tremendous Stateside response and was sponsored by Beatport. The tour spawned a #2 charting hit of the same name (“Bass Monster”) by Reid & FS as well as their “Pussy Weed Money” Remix of “Die Famous” for Burn the Fire which also clocked in at #2. The success of the US portion of the tour has resulted in an upcoming Play Me Bass Monster Europe Tour, which will lead the brand and Speed to Europe in 2012 with Dubsidia, The Unik and Tha Trickaz.
In just over 2 years, Play Me Records and Play Me Too have indisputably taken the Beatport charts by storm, with a string of #1, top 10s, and nearly every release charting in the top 100. They have broken more new artists than any other label of its kind, helping to launch the careers of artists like Cyberoptics, FS, J. Rabbit, Run DMT, Twist, Bassex, Dubsidia, and Bare, to name just a few. 2010 saw Play Me Records voted Dubstep Label of the Year by Beatport and Symphonic Distribution.
Reid got her start in the New York City underground working behind the counter at the legendary Breakbeat Science record store. A chance trip to the UK in the summer of ’97 led to her love affair with 2 step and speed garage. As one of the first US DJs to champion these genres (which morphed into todays’s fidget house and dubstep), both Reid and Play Me’s steady climb come as no surprise to those who know her history. Soon after she began DJing full time she was holding residencies with Stuck on Earth, Direct Drive & Camouflage while in college at the School of Visual Arts. Producing tracks for and with likes of Ming & FS and Le Tigre came along soon after, along with involvement in a seminal series of parties that introduced artists like Deekline, MJ Cole, & Stanton Warriors to the NYC underground. Signing to Breakbeat Science’s label in 2001, she released her first mix “Resonance” to much critical acclaim, and successfully followed it up with 2003′s “Life After Dark.” On subsequent tours with Om artists Ming & FS and Colette, and on her own CD release tours, she has honed her precise genre mashing mixing skills and developed a synergy with her crowds that is unmatched. Those who have listened to her mixes or seen her live agree, whether controlling the floor, in the studio, or behind the decks, Reid pushes the music forward every step she takes.
Release/catalogue number: JLD150
Release date: Dec 5, 2011