Radio One, Lebanon, was established in 1983 by Raymond Gaspar and rapidly became, and continues to be, the leading foreign radio station. With English Music programming as its main feature, Radio One provides the very best radio entertainment in the Lebanon.
Key Radio One achievements to date include:
• One of the first established radio stations in the Lebanon.
• Continuous investment in up-to-date broadcast equipment that ensures superior sound quality throughout the Lebanon.
• An official license to broadcast in the Lebanon under the new radio broadcasting regulations introduced by the Lebanese government in 1996.
• The first radio station in the Middle East to fully computerize its operations including advertisement development, music libraries and scheduling.
• The only station in the Lebanon that has successfully developed other services in the field of media and entertainment. These include: web entertainment, concert production and recording, editing audio-studios manned by professional sound engineers, sound and light equipment rental, DJs for parties, and music services dedicated to hotels and restaurants.
• One of the most popular web sites (www.radioone.fm) in the Lebanon and the Middle East with more than 5,000 hits per day. This web site received several awards and recognition from several organizations.