- 1. Ted Byrnes & Paul Stapleton Take1a 2.31 232 plays
- 2. Ted Byrnes & Paul Stapleton Take5a 3.07 102 plays
- 3. "Vexed Elvis" Chris Chafe & Paul Stapleton 2.33 62 plays
- 4. ABODE w/ Matt Ingalls, John Ingle & Matt Davignon @ KZSU Day of Noise 4.30 49 plays
- 5. ABODE @ Day of Noise, KZSU Stanford Radio 45.45 142 plays
Need a gift for a gifted musician?
PAUL STAPLETON is a sound artist, improviser and writer originally from Southern California, currently based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. Paul designs and performs with a variety of modular metallic sound sculptures, custom made electronics, found objects and electric guitars in locations ranging from experimental music clubs in Berlin to remote beaches on Vancouver Island. He is currently involved in a diverse range of artistic collaborations including: performance duo ABODE with vocalist Caroline Pugh, interdisciplinary performance group theybreakinpieces with Nick Williams and Mona McCarthy, improvisation duo with saxophonist Simon Rose, networked installation design with Tom Davis, Eric Lyon's Noise Quartet, and the DIY improvisation quartet E=MCH. Since 2007, Paul has been lecturing at the Sonic Arts Research Centre (Queen’s University Belfast), where he teaches and supervises MA & PhD research in performance technologies, interaction design and site-specific art.
Selected video: http://laartstream.com/ear-meal/paul-stapleton-ted-byrnes/ ;
Selected review: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/acrosstheline/2012/10/_belfast_festival_caroline.html