Parallel Worlds & Dave Bessell 'Morphogenic' (DiN41) 8 tracks, 8.00 Parallel Worlds on October 20, 2012 10:12
- 1. Oblivion (With Dave Bessell) (extract) 1.00 472 plays
- 2. Above the Snow (with Dave Bessell) (extract) 1.00 308 plays
- 3. Disorder (with Dave Bessell) (extract) 1.00 242 plays
- 4. Inwards (with Dave Bessell) (extract) 1.00 231 plays
- 5. Denormal (with Dave Bessell) (extract) 1.00 217 plays
- 6. Corruption (with Dave Bessell) (extract) 1.00 239 plays
- 7. Heterodyne (with Dave Bessell) (extract) 1.00 308 plays
- 8. Submerge (with Dave Bessell) (extract) 1.00 386 plays
- 1. Impresario (with Ian Boddy) (extract) 1.16 384 plays
- 2. Hidden (with Ian Boddy) (extract) 1.00 778 plays
- 3. Entwined (with Ian Boddy) (extract) 1.00 336 plays
- 4. Return (with Ian Boddy) (extract) 1.00 655 plays
- 5. Exit Strategy (with Ian Boddy) (extract) 1.00 426 plays
- 6. Portal (with Ian Boddy) (extract) 1.00 288 plays
- 7. Shade 6.01 1952 plays
- Download track Go to track Frightening Frontiers8. Frightening Frontiers 5.42 1280 plays
- 9. Distracted 6.56 844 plays
- Download track Go to track Beneath Fear10. Beneath Fear 6.06 659 plays
- 11. Expectations 6.57 548 plays
- Download track Go to track Lifecircles12. Lifecircles 6.43 502 plays
- 13. Mind Breath 6.33 407 plays
- Download track Go to track Detailed Matter14. Detailed Matter 3.51 442 plays
- 15. Parallel Worlds Reworks 09 Festival Live Set, 19th Of September. 43.52 790 plays
Need a gift for a gifted musician?
The SoundCloud Premium accounts also come as virtual gifts and it takes only two minutes to get one. Head over to our Gift page and check out the different Premium accounts starting at only €29 per year.
Parallel Worlds music is a combination of dreamy/atmospheric textures with pure analogue electronic rhythms and sequences, combining modern electronica and ambient music with the feel of 70s electronic music. For Parallel Worlds, melody is essential, but most important is emotional context. PW tracks try to reach to the listener's heart and mind.
Parallel Worlds use huge Analogue Modulars and Analogue Step Sequencers of the past and present combined with digital FM and virtual analogue synths and sampling.
Parallel Worlds are the main project of Bakis Sirros (with John Sirros). They were originaly born in 1994, but only after 1998 they started to be a part of the active greek electronic music scene.
In parallel, Bakis Sirros is the moderator of the Doepfer A100 modular users group helping, in an important way, the progress of the tools for experimental electronic music in the 21st century. Also, recently, Bakis Sirros completed an extensive sound design project for a well-known Modular Analogue synthesizers UK company.
During these last 8 years, Parallel Worlds have played live also, participating in the E-PHOS electronic music festival in summer of 2001, Mad club, Club22, European music day festival 2006, Small Music Theatre, Underworld, Synch Festival 2008, Reworks 2009 and in some other Greek venues.
Bakis Sirros has also started a collaboration with Italian ambient master Alio Die, an IDM/electronica project called Interconnected with Ingo Zobel (of DRON, Signalform, Self Oscillate, Datasette) and an Ambient / experimental project called Memory Geist with Steve Law (of Zen Paradox, Starseed Transmission, Guild Of Fire, etc.)
Influences all these years have been the music of Autechre, Plaid, Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze, Robert Rich, Steve Roach, Pete Namlook, Biosphere, Plone, Brian Eno, Seefeel and other experimental artists.