- 1. Palma Groove Project - We Can (album master) 4.13 489 plays
- 2. Palma Groove Project - The Simple Ways (album master) 3.37 351 plays
- 3. Palma Groove Project - Never Let Go (Of The Truth) (album master) 5.59 526 plays
- 4. Palma Groove Project - Shine (album master) 3.35 329 plays
- 5. Palma Groove Project - What You Need (album master) 4.35 432 plays
- 6. Palma Groove Project - That's How I Feel (album master) 4.20 240 plays
- 7. Palma Groove Project - What'cha Gonna Say? (album master) 5.07 271 plays
- 8. Palma Groove Project - 5 O'Clock In The Morning (album master) 4.45 555 plays
- 9. Palma Groove Project - Always With Me (album master) 5.02 395 plays
- 10. Palma Groove Project - Dancing Shoes (album master) 3.44 364 plays
Orlando ‘The Don’ Lund is a songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, arranger, and producer from London.
I began songwriting seriously (and prolifically) in 1990 when I was signed to Virgin Music. Since then I have done a fair amount of 'honing'.
In the early nineties, after developing a taste for soul music and funk music, I formed the famously 'off the wall' soul-funk-jazz collective "The Big Cheese All Stars" - http://www.groovecollector.com/artist/big-cheese-all-stars/567/?fmt=0&special=0&srt_bio=artist - Our collaborations culminated in 1995 with the release of the seminal double album "Prawns". This contained many of my original compositions interpreted by a group of the most influential and talented musicians in the London Soul / Funk / Jazz scene at the time. Although by no means defined by this genre, it is nevertheless regarded as an Acid Jazz classic with a twist of PFunk and a heavy dose of Soul.
I play a variety of instruments – guitars, bass, keyboards, drums, percussion, vocals.
For my current project I am writing and recording with an incredible singer called Sheela Gathright. Sheela is originally from New York. She is the daughter of Willie Wright, enigmatic soul singer and songwriter from the 70's http://www.allmusic.com/artist/willie-wright-mn0002615541
The tracks you hear are a collaboration of songwriting, instrumentation, production, arrangement….and SOUL. Here is some recent footage of the Sheela Gathright & Palma Groove Project LIVE band http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpt6kcDJflw
Some artists who I can say have definitely influenced me as a writer, musician and producer, and who have ‘moved me’ include:
Sly & The Family Stone, Steely Dan, Donny Hathaway, Billy Cobham, ParliamentFunkadelic, Cameo, Roy Ayers, Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Chuck Brown, D’Angelo, Marvin Gaye, James Brown, Little Feat, Gil Scott-Heron, Herbie Hancock, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Stevie Wonder and many more...
I have even had the pleasure and good luck of performing with a few of these artists…… (answers on a postcard please)
Please enjoy my music. I am a songwriter - melody, groove and harmony are very important to me. Feel free to make comments - your feedback and comments would be very much appreciated ;-)