OOOD: 'You Think You Are' - ** OUT NOW ** [PREVIEW CLIPS] 11 tracks, 1.23.46 OOOD on October 19, 2012 01:46
- 1. 01. OOOD - K.A.R.R. (album edit) - 45s clip by OOOD 0.45 2191 plays
- 2. 02. OOOD - The Philosopher's Tone - 45s clip by OOOD 0.45 1650 plays
- 3. 03. OOOD - Inner Inca - 45s clip by OOOD 0.45 1275 plays
- 4. 04. OOOD - The King and Eye - 45s clip by OOOD 0.45 1086 plays
- 5. 05. OOOD - Bube (The Tube) - 45s clip by OOOD 0.45 974 plays
- 6. 06. Forufreezer - Happiness (OOOD remix) - 45s clip by OOOD 0.45 959 plays
- 7. 07. OOOD - Dum Dum - 45s clip by OOOD 0.45 900 plays
- 8. 08. OOOD & Loopus In Fabula - English Pizza (OOOD mix) - 45s clip by OOOD 0.45 1016 plays
- 9. 09. OOOD - Shpiral - 45s clip by OOOD 0.45 928 plays
- 10. 10. OOOD + Ott - Eye Of The Beholder (Sonic Species remix) - 45s clip by OOOD 0.45 1336 plays
- 11. Steve OOOD - Recorded at Tribe of Frog NYE 2013-2014 by Tribe of Frog 1.16.16 734 plays
- Official website
- Facebook fan page
- OOOD on ReverbNation
- Vertigo Records
- OOOD Merchandise
OOOD (aka Out Of Our Depth) will be a familiar name to both those with long memories, and to relative newcomers to trance. Formed in the UK in 1994 and with 4 members since 2001 (Colin, Steve, Rama, Ryokan), they've been around for as long as there's been psytrance and have worked with many of the names and labels from the scene's long history, as well as producing some of Goa Trance's classic tracks on labels like Flying Rhino, Phantasm and Matsuri. A few quiet years in the early 2000s saw them retreat to the Stooodio after their first two albums were caught up in the bankruptcy of two different distributors but they never gave up, and their eclectic third album 'Free Range' (Organic, 2006) was regarded by many reviewers as one of the very best psytrance releases that year. Two years later they released 'Fourthought' (Phar Psyde, 2008), an 80-minute psychedelic journey through downtempo, breaks, electro, blues and a varied selection of psytrance; again the album attracted '11/10 A+' reviews and saw them consolidate their place as one of the few acts from the birth of the scene who are still actively contributing. Recent releases have seen them reach high positions in various download charts, with their Oddball EP (Broken Robot, 2010) reaching #1 on Trackitdown and #13 on Beatport. Their fifth album 'You Think You Are' is complete and will be released on Vertigo Records in late 2012.
As well as the originality, sense of fun and excellent production they bring to their releases, OOOD have been praised for their live sets since their London debut in 1995. Now, with four people in the band they are unique for the way they use live instruments (guitar, drums, keyboards, percussion) as an integral part of their live set, and have gained a reputation for both the power and quality of their live sound, and the vibrancy of their performances. Events such as Boom (Portugal), Universo Paralello (Brazil), Fusion (Germany), Glade (UK) and Vortex (South Africa), and many others in Japan, Russia and across Europe and elsewhere are seeing how OOOD and their side-projects create a unique energy and connection with the audience. OOOD shroom live is different every time but these guys know what they're doing and they put on a hell of a show.
OOOD have been surfing the wave of their creativity for over 15 years now and have been described as having "matured and improved with time, in the manner of a fine wine" (Axis Mundi). Their mission has always been to have a good time, spread a little joy and write the best tunes they can; if you've heard them or seen them recently you'll know just how well they are succeeding.
Get your knees ready! The English boys 5th album is coming to rock the dancefloor!!!
Remixes, Demos, Licensing, Bookings
Worldwide tours & Information contact:
Assaf Noti: firstname.lastname@example.org