Nicolas Bougaïeff - Decompress EP [Trapez 2013] 4 tracks, 16.56 nicolasbougaïeff on November 11, 2013 09:11
- 1. Nicolas Bougaïeff - Decompress (Original Mix) (out now) 4.34 746 plays 126.0 BPM
- 2. Nicolas Bougaïeff - Tone Row (out now) 3.46 1329 plays
- 3. Nicolas Bougaïeff - Jack à Paris (out now) 4.18 686 plays
- 4. Nicolas Bougaïeff - Decompress (Ambivalent Remix) (out now) 4.17 542 plays
- 1. Nicolas Bougaïeff - Mix for Proton Radio (Nov 2013) 55.18 283 plays
Max Cooper & Nicolas Bougaïeff - Movements EP [Traum Schallplatten 2013] 2 tracks, 11.12 nicolasbougaïeff on July 08, 2013 08:30
End Of The Line / Impromptu [Different Pieces 2009] 2 tracks, 14.50 nicolasbougaïeff on July 08, 2013 08:17
- 1. Nick Bugayev - Impromptu (Original Mix) [Different Pieces 2009] 7.01 969 plays
- 2. Nick Bugayev - End Of The Line (Original Mix) [Different Pieces 2009] 7.49 819 plays
Nicolas Bougaïeff is an electronic musician and music software designer. Between developing new music technology projects, Nicolas produces electronic music inspired by clean, audible processes referencing the classical minimalism of Reich and Glass. Harmony and melody are often at the forefront of his productions which draw elements from minimalist, progressive and space music.
Designing software used by some of the world's most renowned artists, such as Plastikman, Orbital, Björk and Nine Inch Nails, is not what most people would consider a normal day job. Shortly after moving from Montreal to Berlin in 2008, Nicolas started building his new live performance setup with a JazzMutant Lemur. These experiments soon led to building controllers for the Plastikman Live 2010 tour, as well as co-founding Liine with partners including John Acquaviva and Richie Hawtin.
Bougaïeff's musical journey is marked by a distinct passion for study. He completed an electroacoustic composition degree at the Montreal Music Conservatory in 2006. Fast forward to 2013 and Nicolas completed a PhD thesis on the production, performance and political economy of minimal techno. Taking Liine and Plastikman as a case study, this work boasts several firsts, including a complete score in traditional music notation of a live minimal techno track, Plastikman's Plasticine.
Nicolas lives and works in Berlin.