- 12 "Feeling in the Boat" - Koh Samui Feeling by Naq - I Freak Da Rhytme from Fusion Club (Thailand) Artwork "Naq i freak da rhytme" on February 21, 2012 01:19
- 11 "Get On the Floor" - Koh Samui Feeling by Naq - I Freak Da Rhytme from Fusion Club (Thailand) Artwork "Naq i freak da rhytme" on February 21, 2012 01:12
- 10 "Comeback" - Koh Samui Feeling by Naq - I Freak Da Rhytme from Fusion Club (Thailand) Artwork "Naq i freak da rhytme" on February 21, 2012 01:05
- 09 "Someday Like This" - Koh Samui Feeling by Naq - I Freak Da Rhytme from Fusion Club (Thailand) Artwork "Naq i freak da rhytme" on February 21, 2012 00:58
- 08 "Mr Angel" - Koh Samui Feeling by Naq - I Freak Da Rhytme from Fusion Club (Thailand) Artwork "Naq i freak da rhytme" on February 21, 2012 00:50
- 07 "We Have Disco" - Koh Samui Feeling by Naq - I Freak Da Rhytme from Fusion Club (Thailand) Artwork "Naq i freak da rhytme" on February 21, 2012 00:29
Need a gift for a gifted musician?
The SoundCloud Premium accounts also come as virtual gifts and it takes only two minutes to get one. Head over to our Gift page and check out the different Premium accounts starting at only €29 per year.
I am currently the resident at FUSION CLUB in Lamai, Koh Samui, Thailand where every monday night I freak da rhytme for the past 4 years.
It was the year of 1990 when I started spinning in my home town(Aywaille) in Belgium. I began producing party's for 500-1000 people.
Usually I held these parties in unique locations like castles and open air parties where I invited DJ's from France, Germany
and of course the Top DJ's from Belgium. In 1995/96 I started playing as resident DJ in Chapelle along with monthly party concepts.
The first five months of 1996 were spent in Benidorm, playing in the biggest clubs like Amnesia or Pacha.
After that, I spent 6 months on the Isles of Teneriffe. I then returned home for few months to do a few different parties.
In September of 1997 I travelled to South Africa. The reason? To play at the Desert Storm Festival. It was 1000 km south of Johannesburg
and, I played in front of a 4000 person crowd to begin with. In this moment I didn't even know that “I Freak Da Rhytme” Concept was about to begin.
I spent the next 5 years traveling all over Africa. I was very busy playing beach party, clubs, and open air parties in the jungle.
At this time I also played some events in Zimbabwe and Mozambique.
In the mean time I was living in Johannesburg and that's where I learned from my friend who is also a producer how to use many different types of music software.
We also made some track's together but unfortunately nothing was released. These 5 years in South Africa were one of the best experiences i could ask for as a Dj.
This was when I came up with the concept for "I Freak Da Rhytme" and then bounced back to Belgium in 2002 where I continued to create music and produce parties under my new concept for the next two years.
In September of 2004 I was booked to play for only one month in Chengdu, China. Through contacts made in my first month in China I was booked to play for the next four years. Over this time I toured and played festivals and beach parties and was a resident DJ in clubs like New Bar and Manhattan. I toured with Tsingtao, Chivas and Dewars on tours that travelled to over 30 cities a year. Then it was Australia for three months where I stayed in Melbourne and was resident Dj at StarGarden and guest DJ at Homebass.
After a short time in Australia I returned to China where I continued working and started producing again but unfortunately nothing was ever released.
In November of 2008 I moved to Koh Samui, Thailand where I was booked to be resident DJ in Monkey Bay Beach Bar in Chaweng and Fusion Club in Lamai.
While in Koh Samui I played many beach parties, clubs and festivals such as Re-Earth.(I have worked closely with the Re-Eath team for 2011 and 2012 and am proud to see the festival grow year after year). I have also travelled to Koh Tao and Koh Phanang for full moon parties.
From may to November of 2010 I toured to Bali, Indonisia where I played a lot of boat parties and in clubs like Living Room, gallery and, Deja Vue.
In November of 2010 I travelled back to Koh Samui to reclaim my spot as resident DJ at Fusion Club and Monkey Bar.
After 7 years away I returned home to Belgium, where I played clubs like Fuse ,City Parade and, Francoffolies and Sunday garden parties for the next six weeks.
I then toured back to Koh Samui again where continued at Fusion Club Monday nights.I was contacted by Daniele (Billo Music) and we decided to start working on "Koh Samui Feeling".
We started work on "koh Samui Feeling" in September 2011 and after touring and playing in more than 20 countries over 20 years I am proud to have released my first album "Koh Samui Feeling" in February of 2012.
I am currently working on a new production which I hope to release in late 2012. We are also working on setting new tour dates, and always working on playing music to make the people move.
The history of "I Freak Da Rhytme":
While living in Johannesburg, South Africa in the end of 1997 I was working with my friend Martin in the the studio on my first track. Once it was finished all that was left was to come up with a name. At the time we had a bit of a language barrier with Martin only speaking english and me only speaking french. My idea for the name for the track was "Afrique the rhythm ".
I could not explain properly to Martin and he understood me as saying "I Freak Da Rhytme'. After coming to an understanding I decide to keep "I Freak Da Rythme" as a concept for all of my music and party promotions to come.
Points of Interest:
● Resident DJ at Chapelle (1995 & 1996 Belgium)
● Guest DJ at PACHA (1997 // Spain)
● Guest DJ at Amnesia (1997 // Spain)
● Guest DJ at Penelope (1997 // Spain)
● Desert Storm Festival (1997 // South Africa)
● Resident DJ at Kriptom (1997 & 1998 // South Africa)
● Belgium hottest DJ export for DreamScape NYE 1998 ( New year 1998 // south Africa)
● Fantazia Festival (1999 // South Africa)
● Rustle Valley festival (1998, 1999, 2000 & 2001 // South Africa)
● Black Flys & Dark Dog Tour (2000 // South Africa)
● Bico festival (2002 // Belgium)
● Various Guest appearances at China's major nightclubs (2006 // China)
● Resident DJ at True Color Club (2004 // China)
● Resident at Manhattan Club (2006 // China)
● Resident DJ at Fusion Nightclub (2006 // Thailand)
● Dj Tour for Tsingtao Beer ( 2007 // China)
● Resident Dj at STARGARDEN ( 2008 // Australia )
# Resident Dj at Monkey Bay Beach Bar - Chaweng (2008-2009//Thailand)
# Resident dj at Fusion Club - Lamai Beach (2008-2009//Thailand)
# Full Moon Party Koh Phangan (2009-2010//Thailand)
# Resident dj at One Bar -lamai Beach (2009//Thailand)
# Resident dj @ Fusion Club - Lamai Beach (2010//Thailand)
# Resident Dj @ Monkey Bay Beach Bar - Chaweng (2010//Thailand)
# Indonesia Tour (2010/Bali)
# Full Moon koh phangan March (2011/Thailand)
# Resident dj @ Fusion club lamai Beach koh samui (2011/Thailand)
# Europe Tour play in Fuse club - city parade 2011 - francoffolie spa (2011/Belgium)
# Rearth Festival Team (2011-2012 /Thailand )
# Resident dj at Fusion club 2012 (2012/Thailand)
# Album out - Koh Samui Feeling - Billo music 2012 (Beatport-Itunes)