- 1. Rock Steady (live at Mustock) 6.55 361 plays
- 2. One World Sovereignty (live at Mustock) 5.52 174 plays
- 3. DTA (live at Mustock) 6.23 121 plays
- 4. Angle It (live at Mustock) 5.00 88 plays
- 5. Sweat (live at Mustock) 4.40 158 plays
- 6. Devil Needs a Bodyguard (live at Mustock) 9.18 67 plays
- 7. Ease Up (live at Mustock) 7.05 75 plays
- 8. I Wish (live at Mustock) 6.44 88 plays
- 9. One Drop (live at Mustock) 4.25 87 plays
- 10. Rastaman (live at Mustock) 4.45 93 plays
- 1. Nappy Riddem 5.26 990 plays
- 2. Devil Needs A Bodyguard 3.30 886 plays
- 3. Shango 4.02 694 plays
- 4. Ease Up 3.21 641 plays
- 5. DTA (Dreadlock Transit Authority) 4.38 593 plays
- 6. Rastar 3.54 783 plays
- 7. Angle It 3.55 555 plays
- 8. Soundboy (Wake The Sound) 3.32 734 plays
- 9. Suspicious Love 3.48 333 plays
- 10. One World Sovereignty (feat. Asheru) 5.15 990 plays 83.0 BPM
Since releasing their debut album on Fort Knox Recordings in 2011, NAPPY RIDDEM has been busy touring nationwide and releasing a string of remixes, transforming itself into an uplifting and conscious reggae band that is funky enough to pack the dancefloor. Started by Mustafa Akbar and Rex Riddem, NAPPY RIDDEM is now joined in the studio and on stage by drummer Jon Modell as part of a 6 piece live band. Other players inlcude Charles Flye (keys), Gordon Sterling (guitar / vocals) and Michael Calve (bass).
The Rock Steady EP contains four upbeat reggae tracks that represent NAPPY RIDDEM’s fresh new sound! The EP starts off strong with a track that shows the group is serious about the healing of the nation. “I Wish” is a deep and meaningful track that reaches the soulful depth of Mustafa Akbar’s vocals. The title track, “Rock Steady” oozes positivity with a groovy, rocksteady vibe, and features Rex Riddem on Ukulele and lead vocals. Keeping the dance vibe going is “Rastaman”, rudeboy defiance on top of an irresistible stepping beat results in pure fire! Closing out the EP is “Red Blood”, featuring Brittany Tanner on additional vocals, a emotional ballad for the people, it is sweet and full of soul.
The Nappy Riddem sound has developed into its own brand of “Dancehall Funk” that moves bodies, hearts, and minds. The Rock Steady EP represents a new beginning for this exciting band from Washington, DC. Reggae for the dancefloor, messages for the people, and fresh beats for the heads. Check out live sets and dj mixes to get to know them better at NappyRiddem.