Stats for this track
In 3 Sets
"This week’s project deals with the concept of silence — specifically recorded silence. We will take a segment of audio that is intended to signify silence, and then from it make an original piece of music."
Process (all steps executed in Audacity):
1. Took a 1.138s snippet from Led Zeppelin's "Heartbreaker", starting right after the end of the guitar solo and ending just before the band reenters.
2. Cleaned up the beginning and ending to make a clean loop.
3. Made a second version of the clip as if it was a 33.3 RPM LP being played back at 45 RPM.
4. Made a third version of the clip as if it was being played back at 78 RPM.
5. Looped the original version until it was about 3 minutes long.
6. Looped the "45 RPM" and "78 RPM" versions as well, starting them after the original loop had repeated eight times.
7. Mixed the three loops together.
8. Boosted the bass.
9. Added reverb.
10. Adjusted amplitude.
11. Rendered to MP3.
More on the 30th Disquiet Junto project at:
More details on the Disquiet Junto at: