Dubtronica Album samples - It's going to be a triple album! 10 tracks, 26.36 float23 on March 29, 2013 16:42
- 1. Midnight In Croydon - sample 0.30 34 plays
- 2. Global - sample 0.46 32 plays
- 3. Rethink This - Sample 0.38 17 plays
- 4. Carrot Nimbus - sample 0.46 19 plays
- 5. D# - Sample 0.53 17 plays
- 6. Descend -Sample 2.03 22 plays
- 7. MagiK Again - sample 1.18 24 plays
- 8. 97 - Sample 0.39 25 plays
- 9. Harp - full track from the album 8.21 75 plays
- Go to track The distant sound of drilling (and cats moving a bit quickly) - full track from the album10. The distant sound of drilling (and cats moving a bit quickly) - full track from the album 10.39 43 plays
- Played & Faved Facebook
- Played & Faved
- DSP Project - great source of inspiration!
Music is essentially sound that has either been arranged or generated randomly through time exhibiting elements of meaning, structure, harmonic frequencies, silence, pattern and disorder. All these elements are referenced to innate, cultural or experiential concepts.
Possibly described as “Acid Dub” or “Dubtronica” float23's music is all about deconstruction and juxtaposing of disparate concepts. Stylistically diverse it draws together different genres to create sonic journeys that are as humorous as they are evocative. Moving along at 90-100 beats per minute a rather classic dub sound is embellished with electronic beats and samples to create a tapestry that is interwoven with synths and obscure samples. Occasionally straying into thumping dance or beat-less ambience each track is a unique odyssey.
Now embarking on small live gigs in London float23 is looking for festivals and clubs where the feel of the music is more important than submitting to formulaic genre expectations.
The urge to play has returned to challenge the sterile Zeitgeist that is attempting to eradicate it.