Need a gift for a gifted musician?
The SoundCloud Premium accounts also come as virtual gifts and it takes only two minutes to get one. Head over to our Gift page and check out the different Premium accounts starting at only €29 per year.
With their debut track "Action Denied" - soon to be featured in the upcoming Rock/Thriller PLUSH by Catherine Hardwicke (Twilight), MomenTem has covered all possible ground for an abstract rock project without representation or any label affiliation. Spearheaded by Devix Szell, the long lost son of Corey Miller (LA INK), the group seems to have musicians coming and going as they please whenever creativity strikes. Corey (Powerflex 5) and even Paul Barker (EX-Ministry) laid down bass and sequences on their indie released cover of Donna Summer & Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire / I Feel Love."
Innovation doesn't seem to be lacking when the doors of the studio close behind MomenTem and the same can be said for performances. 2012 saw residencies in the greater Los Angeles area at The Lot 1, Silver Lake Lounge, The Airliner, Boardners and more. An LA band playing more than once a month is certainly something unheard of these days, but they push it like they mean it.
In an age of 60's indie fashionistas, Hollywood dreamers, and mall vampires it is the perfect time for something MODERN to come along and sweep the leg of society. MomenTem has accepted the challenge. Youtube reviews do not disagree...this is only the beginning of an eclectic movement the 2013 generation isn't even remotely expecting…
* Buzz *
• Dev is featured as the "Magistrate" at The Next Stage in Hollywood, CA in a live rendition of Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of The Moon which Roger Waters himself has commended.
• Xavier Samuel, star of PLUSH, was sent on a mission to meet and emulate the mannerism characteristics of Devix at the downtown Standard Hotel before shooting. Dev is also featured in the film as the band's drug dealer.
• MomenTem are awaiting a total of 4 instrumental credits for films.
• Corey & Dev are featured in an issue of Cycle Riders, documenting art and their newly discovered relationship. "The Art and Motorcycles of Corey Miller" .
• Paul Barker has been credited with "Re-Constructive Criticism" on Momentem's 2012 "Red Line" EP and the unreleased "Thru The Uncanny Valley" LP.
• In 2005, Dev crafted lyrics & vocals on an entire album's worth of material, closely working with Barker, for the still unreleased Malekko project, featuring Adam Grossman (SKREW/Ministry).
Malekko Heavy Industry