- Like You Used To Artwork Kidnap Kid on March 02, 2014 21:11704833 Plays458 Comments19521 FavoritingsPlay0.00 / 3.51
- wenawedwa music on September 26, 2013 13:494074 Plays26 Comments131 FavoritingsPlay0.00 / 3.28
- Canson | Liveset August 2013 Artwork Canson on August 18, 2013 11:5729869 Plays147 Comments1370 Favoritings2511 DownloadsPlay0.00 / 1.03.37
- tele-static Artwork safiali on July 02, 2013 17:11850 Plays31 Comments39 Favoritings44 DownloadsPlay0.00 / 51.42
- New Orleans Artwork naxxos on April 28, 2013 18:541692015 Plays830 Comments31869 Favoritings1006 DownloadsPlay0.00 / 5.20
- Athens (Free Download) Artwork naxxos on March 11, 2013 21:13105600 Plays51 Comments1906 Favoritings1610 DownloadsPlay0.00 / 4.36
- Nicolas Jaar - Let's Live For Today (Edit) Artwork La Valeur Sure on September 12, 2012 13:1335691 Plays35 Comments975 Favoritings752 DownloadsPlay0.00 / 7.13
- Buena Vista Social Club- Chan Chan (Vijay & Sofia Zlatko Edit) Artwork Vijay and Sofia on April 24, 2013 15:36238720 Plays241 Comments5272 Favoritings3405 DownloadsPlay0.00 / 6.04
- Quasimoto - Planned Attack Artwork Stones Throw Records on April 23, 2013 21:59544298 Plays853 Comments13864 FavoritingsPlay0.00 / 2.50
- arkadiusz. | INSIDE OUT | 04.2013 Artwork arkadiusz. on April 12, 2013 13:368871 Plays255 Comments358 Favoritings666 DownloadsPlay0.00 / 1.20.23
Need a gift for a gifted musician?
I love it when the music fills the room. It generates this utterly uncompromising, ultimately uniting euphoric haze. A kind of mist enveloping the physical. A wild web of invisible strings tying together the emotional. Utter insanity. Complete isolation.
The music speaks for itself.
Once my bones and hips have tinkered with the bass, my imagination with the melody, my ears with the little clicks and glitches and the way that everything overlaps... once all of that happens, the sound becomes mine, and mine only.
As united as we are in the euphoria of it all, we are divided by the truth that we haven't heard it the same.
That, I think, is the beauty of music, and the beauty of art in general: On the surface, it is presented to everyone equally, in the same way. A painting looks the same, its shapes and colors don't physically change. The notes of a melody, and the rhythm it follows, don't waver from one person to the next.
The way we ingest art, however, completely colors the way we experience it. It's a massive collective project of understanding something with our bodies, being isolated with our senses, and simultaneously feeding off of the energies of those around us, to create this utterly unexplainable experience. To say I love it is an understatement.