- Endless night - Milana Artwork MilanaZilnik on April 28, 2013 16:133188 Plays388 Comments342 Favoritings2 DownloadsPlay0.00 / 5.16
- Crucify - Tori Amos - Cover by Milana (piano, vox) Artwork MilanaZilnik on February 20, 2013 13:412431 Plays283 Comments173 Favoritings78 DownloadsPlay0.00 / 5.45
- Petit rêve bizarre XV - Stephan Beneking and Milana Artwork MilanaZilnik on September 05, 2013 14:543729 Plays274 Comments336 FavoritingsPlay0.00 / 3.36
- From the sky - Milana Artwork MilanaZilnik on January 21, 2013 00:272961 Plays207 Comments160 Favoritings1 DownloadPlay0.00 / 4.55
- Official website
- Ottawa musicians group on SC
- Collaboration map
Playing piano since I was four and studied in a musical school for ten years. Though, I always felt that playing by notes and singing in a choir is not enough to become a musician. I needed to be able to play anything I want by ear so, by starting improvising, I've found my own style of playing. When I teach children to play piano or sing, I offer them improvisation right from the beginning. I wish I was taught that way, since until recently I had hard times to relax and believe in my ability to create my own music.
I've recorded several albums since I opened an account on SoundCloud in July, 2012. Each album happened on the wave of the inspiration caused by SoundCloud community: my ambient album, the album with my piano improvisations, two collaborative piano albums with @Stephan Beneking and the debut album with my original songs. You can find each album in my "sets" :)
I'm glad you stepped by into my musical world and appreciate your comments and following me.
The recording, mixing and mastering is done by my husband (Arty Sandler). He is also co-writing some lyrics with me and generating ideas about the arrangement of my songs. Answering some technical questions: we use Korg SP-250 keyboard for recording most of the time and sometimes my digital piano (Yamaha Clavinova). All piano recordings are done via MIDI output and the final sound is synthesized in Propellerhead Reason. Vocal is recorded in our little studio using two Rode NT1 mics.
- Crucify - Tori Amos - Cover by Milana (piano, vox) Artwork MilanaZilnik on February 20, 2013 13:41
- Petit rêve bizarre XV - Stephan Beneking and Milana Artwork MilanaZilnik on September 05, 2013 14:54