- Download track Go to track 01 Intro1. 01 Intro 1.28 54446 plays
- Download track Go to track 02 Sweet Vendetta2. 02 Sweet Vendetta 3.43 24817 plays
- Download track Go to track 03 Lipstick&Guilt [No Church In The Wild]3. 03 Lipstick&Guilt [No Church In The Wild] 2.53 26051 plays
- Download track Go to track 04 Smoking Gun4. 04 Smoking Gun 1.47 20426 plays
- Download track Go to track 05 Loving You Better5. 05 Loving You Better 4.32 18783 plays
- Download track Go to track 06 Crazy Mixed Girl6. 06 Crazy Mixed Girl 1.15 15325 plays
- Download track Go to track 07 The One That Got Away7. 07 The One That Got Away 4.10 19169 plays
- Download track Go to track 08 Bulletproof Feat. Bobby Newberry8. 08 Bulletproof Feat. Bobby Newberry 3.52 20199 plays
- Download track Go to track 09 Someone To Believe9. 09 Someone To Believe 2.01 15471 plays
- Download track Go to track 10 Hit The Ground Runnin'10. 10 Hit The Ground Runnin' 4.33 16664 plays
Smoking Gun Video: http://youtu.be/fpISqM2P4Ec
Someone To Believe Video: http://youtu.be/F9PDDTInAUA
Lipstick&Guilt Video: http://youtu.be/UBs4zFVmWEU
Bulletproof Feat. Bobby Newberry: http://youtu.be/d0ICKz6smOU
Powerhouse vocalist and former Pussycat Doll, Melody Thornton, is finding her way back to the spotlight, but on her own terms. After dropping traces of what has formed her upcoming project-Melody presents the release of her first mixtape P.O.Y.B.L (Piss On Your Black List).
“Piss On Your Black List has nothing to do with being a rebel or fighting against anything. It has everything to do with fighting for myself,” says Thornton. “It’s clever with attitude. It’s kind of funny and gets a strong reaction; all things that, at times, describe my art.”
The mixtape consists of 10 tracks which do just that. Through various melodic stories of love, music, and faith, Melody exposes the battles she faces with each, and at times, she even reveals the battle within herself.
Aside from one cover, each of the five remakes, and four original tracks are all written by Thornton; a treat for fans who will finally have a chance to experience her writing ability. Producers for the four original tracks include: Andre Harris (“Smoking Gun”), Church and State (“Sweet Vendetta”), Mark Vinten (“Intro”), and Melody on a self-produced track (“Hit the Ground Runnin’” featuring Michael Gallope/piano and Paran Amirinazari/violin).
Musicality is also worth a mention. For her remakes, Melody was particular about choosing popular instrumentals from the 60s and 70s. Her appetite for a bluesy flavor fused with a hint of today’s popular music prompted her to label her style, “Soul-Pop.”
The first track off of P.O.Y.B.L, “Sweet Vendetta,” was released digitally in late 2011. Her follow-up came this week in the form of “Lipstick&Guilt”—a taunting tune over the even more haunting “No Church in the Wild” instrumental (Jay-Z/Kanye West/Frank Ocean). Interestingly enough, it also serves as a crafty ode to her mixtape’s title.
The unsigned talent first made noise in 2004 as a member of The Pussycat Dolls. She continued to impress over the course of her six year stint with the group. Now, after almost two years away, Thornton’s style has developed into something so unique and solely hers.
“People talk so much about individuality, but you never really know what you’re made of until you’re forced to stand on your own,” says Thornton.
Standing on her own, as a solo artist, Thornton is readying her platform for a triumphant return.
“My amazing fans and supporters have been patiently waiting to hear the REAL Melody Thornton and this is my thank you.”
“Sweet Vendetta” is currently available for purchase at all digital retailers, for more information please visit melodythornton.com