- 1. Mario & Vidis - Warung (Edit) 4.21 9255 plays
- 2. Mario & Vidis ft. Barbarossa - When Doves Cry (Edit) 4.56 25624 plays
- 3. Mario & Vidis ft. Barbarossa - Re: Stacks (Edit) 3.39 10604 plays
- 1. Mario & Vidis - Exclusive mix for John Digweed's Transitions 1.05.09 10440 plays
- 2. Vidis (Mario & Vidis) - Electronic Beats Radio 1.02.21 8226 plays
- 3. Vidis (Mario & Vidis) - Clash Podcast 53.49 4184 plays
- 4. Mario & Vidis - Follow Us Mixtape 1.03.26 2667 plays
- 1. Mario & Vidis ft. Ernesto - Changed (12'' Dub) 6.59 9225 plays
- 2. Mario & Vidis ft. Giedre - Suspend The Feeling (12'' Edit) 4.31 10102 plays
- 3. Mario & Vidis ft. Giedre - Slow (12'' Edit) 5.26 6154 plays
- 4. Mario & Vidis - When Nobody Listens 3.42 6690 plays
- 1. Mario & Vidis - Changed (Original Mix) 6.08 31073 plays
- 2. Mario & Vidis - Changed (Andre Lodemann Remix) 8.45 8012 plays
- 3. Mario & Vidis - Changed (John Talabot Private Mix) 7.40 7042 plays
- 4. Mario & Vidis - Changed (Soul Clap Remix) 5.59 9916 plays
- 5. Mario & Vidis - Changed (Softwar Remix) 4.59 4572 plays
MARIO & VIDIS
The unique partnership is the brainchild of Lithuanian dance music aficionado DJ Vidis. He teamed up with Mario Basanov in 2007 to form the most influential local production combo and to deliver what could be the freshest sounding and truly adventurous House music in Lithuania and around.
Their first production effort, a remix for Atjazz and Robert Owens’ song Love Someone, caused a stir - it was picked and banged by the likes of Gilles Peterson and Pete Tong. And their first solo track called Test was featured on triple Defected Presents: Gilles Peterson In The House compilation even before being signed and released as a single. It was also faved and played by Jazzanova, Atjazz, Laurent Garnier, Ewan Pearson, Toby Tobias, and the likes.
Vidis’ and Mario’s first vocal track and video I’ll Be Gone featuring young Lithuanian singer and songwriter Jazzu quite unexpectedly became national phenomena on it’s own right. Hitting number one in radio charts, not leaving MTV Baltic Top 20 for half a year, and becoming the most blogged and Youtubed Lithuanian music video ever says it all.
Second video single, and yet another cooperation with Jazzu, Who’s Shot the Silence?! was an artistic contribution getting through the message for Silence - a record label and a music movement founded and nurtured by Vidis.
And the single featuring British songstress Kathy Diamond as well as vaguely provoking black and white video cemented their reputation as the local institution and the purveyors of top quality deep sounds.
After a string of stellar tracks, remixes, and releases of 2011 on top notch international labels like Japanese Endless Flight, Australian Future Classic, German Best Works, British Crosstownrebels, otherworldly Philomena, as well as a couple of EPs on Vidis' own Silence Music and Best Kept Secret, and duo's debut album scheduled for world wide release early in 2012 the future looks bright and bold.
Remix work and licensing: