Marc Houle & Miss Kittin - Where is Kittin? EP | Items & Things | 2013 6 tracks, 6.01 Marc Houle on May 16, 2013 08:54
- 1. Marc Houle & Miss Kittin - Where is Kittin? (Original) by Items & Things 1.00 9688 plays
- 2. Marc Houle & Miss Kittin - Black Star (Original) by Items & Things 1.00 6754 plays
- 3. Marc Houle & Miss Kittin - Where is Kittin? (Dubfire Remix) by Items & Things 1.00 10226 plays
- 4. Marc Houle & Miss Kittin - Where is Kittin? (John Foxx & The Maths Remix) by Items & Things 1.00 6289 plays
- 5. Digital Only: Marc Houle & Miss Kittin - Where is Kittin? (Miss Kittin's Shecago Remix) by Items & Things 0.59 4424 plays
- 6. Digital Only: Marc Houle & Miss Kittin - Black Star (Miss Kittin Version) by Items & Things 1.00 3848 plays
- 1. Marc Houle - Placement | Free Track Download | 4.08 10799 plays
- 2. Marc Houle - Chuck Gaydicaca | Free Track Download | 6.41 13959 plays
- 3. Marc Houle - A Walk | Free Track Download | 5.55 13767 plays
- 1. 2VM - Placita | Genetic Music | 2005 2.01 3191 plays
- 2. 2VM - Daybreak | Genetic Music | 2005 5.00 2543 plays
- 3. Marc Houle - Techno Vocals Instrumental (ringtone) 0.15 7561 plays
- 1. 2VM - Ponika | Synth Wave 10 | Rough Trade Shops | 2010 2.30 3652 plays
- 2. 2VM - Unscathed | The Wierd Compilation, Part 2 | Wierd Records | 2008 4.18 2478 plays
- 3. 2VM - Let's Play | The Wierd Compilation, Part 1 | Wierd Records | 2008 3.26 2260 plays
Raid Over Moscow - Rush To The Capsule | Turbo Rec. | 2012 3 tracks, 12.00 Marc Houle on January 22, 2013 17:29
- Marc Houle website
- Resident Advisor
Marc Houle's Upcoming Gigs
Saturday 01 June, 2013
Tomorrow Festival, AKW (Nuclear Power Plant), Zwentendorf, Austria
Friday 07 June, 2013
Items & Things presents Down & Out, arma17, Moscow, Russia
Thursday 13 June, 2013
The Ultimate Legal Entertainment Experience, Esferic, Barcelona, Spain
Friday 14 June, 2013
Items & Things Showcase, City Hall, Barcelona, Spain
Friday 28 June, 2013
Impulse, Villa Rouge, Lattes, France
Saturday 13 July, 2013
We Dance, Arenale Romane, Bucharest, Romania
Saturday 20 July, 2013
Sypsonds, Santander, Spain
Friday 30 August, 2013
Items & Things Showcase, Liquidrooms, Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Saturday 07 September, 2013
Items & Things Showcase, Hive, Zurich, Switzerland
See the full listing here
Powered by GigaTools
Marc Houle (live)
While the global EDM scene still debates the merits of “pressing play,” techno veteran Marc Houle has been wowing audiences for over a decade with a live performance that is constantly evolving night after night, in city after city, at clubs and festivals worldwide. The skill and effort that goes into creating these truly “live” sets is the result of an entire lifetime dedicated to electronic music and a deep love of the machines that make it.
Raised adjacent to Detroit in Windsor, Ontario, in the same fertile music community that spawned his former label boss and mentor Richie Hawtin, Houle’s obsession with electronic sounds goes back to the noise of ’80s video games and vintage synthesizers. And while too many electronic artists use their machines as merely tools of convenience, Houle regards his with a dedication found in few producers.
The results have been extraordinary. A decade-long career of seminal records on Hawtin’s Minus imprint and his own Items & Things label that not only helped define the beloved minimal sound of the mid-‘00s (“On It”), but had a laugh at its expense (“Techno Vocals”), before transcending the limits of the sub-genre completely by incorporating industrial, disco and new wave influences (“Undercover”).
No wonder Houle’s records have found their way into the crates of DJs far-flung from his typical list of peers. How many producers can create a track as adaptable as “Bay of Figs,” an underground club favorite favored by his close colleague and star techno DJ Magda that also managed to find its way into the hearts of stadium-trance audiences via megastar DJ Tiësto.
Ironically, even though DJs of all sorts play Marc’s records, you won’t find Houle delivering a DJ set any time soon. A committed live performer, he arrives at each gig equipped with not only five superb albums worth of material (plus dozens of favorite singles and remixes released under his own name as well as Raid Over Moscow or Run Stop Restore), but this dedicated craftsman carries with him hundreds of excellent unreleased tunes that he can drop at any moment on an enthusiastic crowd. No matter what time or tempo, Marc Houle has exactly the right Marc Houle tunes needed for the nightclub, after party or festival stage.
And there seems to be no slowing down for Houle. This year sees a slew of releases planned, starting with a collaboration EP with one of techno’s biggest stars, Miss Kittin. It will be followed by another full-length on Items & Things in September, and undoubtedly more tracks on multiple labels as the year goes on.
Connect with Marc Houle: