- MUST DIE! x Mantis - Culture [OUT NOW VIA NEVER SAY DIE] Artwork MANTIS Music on June 29, 2014 17:5415743 Plays49 Comments929 FavoritingsPlay0.00 / 4.15
- Mantis - Desolation VIP [FREE DOWNLOAD] Artwork MANTIS Music on June 14, 2014 00:1421718 Plays105 Comments1378 FavoritingsPlay0.00 / 4.30
- Linkin Park - One Step Closer (Mantis Remix) FREE DOWNLOAD!!! Artwork MANTIS Music on June 10, 2014 18:0154787 Plays214 Comments2494 FavoritingsPlay0.00 / 4.41
- Linkin Park - One Step Closer (Mantis Remix) [FREE DOWNLOAD] Artwork MANTIS Music on June 03, 2014 18:0120280 Plays184 Comments1108 FavoritingsPlay0.00 / 1.58
- Mantis - Desolation [OUT NOW VIA NEVER SAY DIE] Artwork MANTIS Music on April 28, 2014 16:1830355 Plays143 Comments1438 FavoritingsPlay0.00 / 4.51
- Mantis - Block Rocka Artwork MANTIS Music on March 11, 2014 15:0131790 Plays122 Comments1347 FavoritingsPlay0.00 / 4.45
- Mantis - Desolation [CLIP] Artwork MANTIS Music on January 27, 2014 21:1048698 Plays264 Comments1856 FavoritingsPlay0.00 / 2.12
- MANTIS Music on December 20, 2013 23:4332952 Plays94 Comments1133 FavoritingsPlay0.00 / 3.45
- Play0.00 / 4.56
- MANTIS Music on December 20, 2013 23:4346158 Plays131 Comments1319 FavoritingsPlay0.00 / 4.41
MANTIS, REPPIN THE ATL
Taylor Scott and Paul Ollinger, known as Mantis, are a relentless duo. Having begun their musical careers with metal & deathcore, the transition to heavy bass music was not so much a step down in intensity, but a slide into a world with spectacular tools to mix dense layers of music in new ways, and deploy it with force. Mantis was formed in early 2011 to test the boundaries of metal-influenced production, and plunge the result into a wash of haunting atmospheres. Mantis wants to provide “music to make you feel like you’re somewhere else, and you’ve never been more stoked to be there.”
With that target in sight, 2011 was a smashing first year; the momentum began in Atlanta, and overflowed with releases on labels such as Play Me, Heavy Artillery, BroTown Records, & Abducted Records. A standard was set with 2011's "All Worlds", their first EP, breaking the top 10 on Beatport's Dubstep releases, and held with 2012's "Futures" scoring #5 on Beatport's overall chart. The support of tastemakers such as Liquid Stranger, Downlink, Figure, Cyberoptics, Diesel, Genetix, Persist, & Sluggo, points to an accomplishment of musical influence on an international scale, and the potential for much more.
A history in Atlanta's metal scene, playing in acts such as WLTP and Attila, provides Mantis' cornerstone of fierce stage skills. Having become known across the USA for throwing down an aggressive live show with unmatched energy and only the heaviest bass music, Mantis' reputation stands as being one of the gnarliest new production teams in the scene.
With packed crowds at hand, and Beatport charts at their feet, only one goal remains- to raise the awareness of metal-influenced bass music... oh, and world domination.