- Mantis - Petra [CLIP] Artwork MANTIS Music on November 27, 2013 22:033720 Plays92 Comments295 FavoritingsPlay0.00 / 2.12
- Liquid Stranger - Drones (Mantis Remix) FREE DOWNLOAD!! Artwork MANTIS Music on November 01, 2013 18:2418674 Plays127 Comments1070 FavoritingsPlay0.00 / 4.00
- Brownie Mix FREE DOWNLOAD!!! Artwork MANTIS Music on October 16, 2013 21:0917103 Plays205 Comments903 FavoritingsPlay0.00 / 1.02.18
- Mantis - Block Rocka [CLIP] Artwork MANTIS Music on September 13, 2013 21:4424365 Plays193 Comments1204 FavoritingsPlay0.00 / 2.12
- D-Jahsta x 12Gauge x Sadhu - Baptism of Fire (Mantis Remix) Artwork MANTIS Music on August 20, 2013 22:3542938 Plays433 Comments2249 FavoritingsPlay0.00 / 2.03
- Mantis - Mr. French (FREE DOWNLOAD!! Click "FREE DL" Button) Artwork MANTIS Music on July 09, 2013 18:1230344 Plays195 Comments1160 FavoritingsPlay0.00 / 4.27
- Mantis - End Game [CLIP] Artwork MANTIS Music on June 11, 2013 21:1436271 Plays305 Comments1489 FavoritingsPlay0.00 / 2.06
MANTIS, REPPIN THE ATL
Taylor Scott and Paul Ollinger, known as Mantis, are a relentless duo. Having begun their musical careers with metal & deathcore, the transition to heavy bass music was not so much a step down in intensity, but a slide into a world with spectacular tools to mix dense layers of music in new ways, and deploy it with force. Mantis was formed in early 2011 to test the boundaries of metal-influenced production, and plunge the result into a wash of haunting atmospheres. Mantis wants to provide “music to make you feel like you’re somewhere else, and you’ve never been more stoked to be there.”
With that target in sight, 2011 was a smashing first year; the momentum began in Atlanta, and overflowed with releases on labels such as Play Me, Heavy Artillery, BroTown Records, & Abducted Records. A standard was set with 2011's "All Worlds", their first EP, breaking the top 10 on Beatport's Dubstep releases, and held with 2012's "Futures" scoring #5 on Beatport's overall chart. The support of tastemakers such as Liquid Stranger, Downlink, Figure, Cyberoptics, Diesel, Genetix, Persist, & Sluggo, points to an accomplishment of musical influence on an international scale, and the potential for much more.
A history in Atlanta's metal scene, playing in acts such as WLTP and Attila, provides Mantis' cornerstone of fierce stage skills. Having become known across the USA for throwing down an aggressive live show with unmatched energy and only the heaviest bass music, Mantis' reputation stands as being one of the gnarliest new production teams in the scene.
With packed crowds at hand, and Beatport charts at their feet, only one goal remains- to raise the awareness of metal-influenced bass music... oh, and world domination.