- Mantis x Rekoil - Trauma [CLIP] Artwork MANTIS Music on May 17, 2013 21:034897 Plays139 Comments422 FavoritingsPlay0.00 / 2.16
- MANTIS x MUST DIE! - Dovahkiin [CLIP] Artwork MANTIS Music on May 01, 2013 20:2611605 Plays165 Comments638 FavoritingsPlay0.00 / 1.58
- Mantis - Caligula [CLIP] Artwork MANTIS Music on April 05, 2013 20:1516999 Plays203 Comments730 Favoritings1 DownloadPlay0.00 / 1.49
- Mantis - Insomnia VIP [ FREE DL!! CLICK "FREE DL" BUTTON ] Artwork MANTIS Music on March 04, 2013 20:0720641 Plays181 Comments871 FavoritingsPlay0.00 / 5.22
- Mantis - Epsilon EP Minimix [Out NOW Play Me Records] Artwork MANTIS Music on February 22, 2013 18:0213775 Plays152 Comments524 Favoritings2 DownloadsPlay0.00 / 9.22
- Mantis - Cake Mix (FREE DOWNLOAD!!) Artwork MANTIS Music on January 10, 2013 19:5628958 Plays279 Comments874 FavoritingsPlay0.00 / 1.00.41
- Bong-Hostile Enforcement (Mantis Remix) FREE 320 DL Artwork MANTIS Music on January 04, 2013 18:5816917 Plays140 Comments602 Favoritings1001 DownloadsPlay0.00 / 4.10
- Mantis-Friction [CLIP] Artwork MANTIS Music on December 05, 2012 19:4717935 Plays142 Comments508 Favoritings1 DownloadPlay0.00 / 2.17
MANTIS, ATL DEATHSTEP
Taylor Scott and Paul Ollinger, known as Mantis, are a relentless duo. Having begun their musical careers with metal & deathcore, the transition to heavy bass music was not so much a step down in intensity, but a slide into a world with spectacular tools to mix dense layers of music in new ways, and deploy it with force. Mantis was formed in early 2011 to test the boundaries of metal-influenced production, and plunge the result into a wash of haunting atmospheres. Mantis wants to provide “music to make you feel like you’re somewhere else, and you’ve never been more stoked to be there.”
With that target in sight, 2011 was a smashing first year; the momentum began in Atlanta, and overflowed with releases on labels such as Play Me, Heavy Artillery, BroTown Records, & Abducted Records. A standard was set with 2011's "All Worlds", their first EP, breaking the top 10 on Beatport's Dubstep releases, and held with 2012's "Futures" scoring #5 on Beatport's overall chart. The support of tastemakers such as Liquid Stranger, Downlink, Figure, Cyberoptics, Diesel, Genetix, Persist, & Sluggo, points to an accomplishment of musical influence on an international scale, and the potential for much more.
A history in Atlanta's metal scene, playing in acts such as WLTP and Attila, provides Mantis' cornerstone of fierce stage skills. Having become known across the USA for throwing down an aggressive live show with unmatched energy and only the heaviest bass music, Mantis' reputation stands as being one of the gnarliest new production teams in the scene.
With packed crowds at hand, and Beatport charts at their feet, only one goal remains- to raise the awareness of metal-influenced bass music... oh, and world domination.